Centrifugal or Roots... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Centrifugal or Roots...

So my question is can I run a roots type supercharger on my 96 5.0 with the internal egr? I have the powerdyne BD-11a which certain people on this forum think is junk. I dont want to debate that. I would think there would be an issue running a roots type blower with the internal egr but I am not a car mechanic so I dont know. If it can be done someone would get a great deal on a powerdyne blower...new,never installed with lots of other goodies.
Any thoughts?;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

um....no. i dont want to trust a kid that looks 23 with his dad as his "Financial Advisor/Fabricator".

well, are you selling your kit then, or using it? which one?

Sorry, no sale.:thumbdwn:

i know some one selling there powerdyne with front mount for a 5.0, he is a friend from the board here he just does not post any more.

i know some one selling there powerdyne with front mount for a 5.0, he is a friend from the board here he just does not post any more.

Is Dom selling his blower?

i have convinced him to sell the truck and build a bigger badder setup with more power to scare the weak and infirm. he is selling the whole setup with intercooler. he had the big powerdyne and custom pulley from my brothers truck.

i have convinced him to sell the truck and build a bigger badder setup with more power to scare the weak and infirm. he is selling the whole setup with intercooler. he had the big powerdyne and custom pulley from my brothers truck.

Sounds good. He had the XB-1A head unit huh? That is the one I had back when I still had my old 5.0 Explorer.

twin turbo coyote powered truck with six speed auto. he is selling off his old 331 and blower kit and headers. i told him even a stock coyote motor and tranny would feel fast then what he had now or at least drive better.

i am going custom, i dont like to buy kits. we will put pistons and rods and turn it up.
i have been at the track latly and hung out with John lunds and his mustang done by jake at power by the hour near me and it went 150 on stock tranny this past weekend. the stock motor and tranny have proven to be very strong with the right tuning.

Missed a bunch of this thread.

Going back to the stacked roots / screw compressor on top of intercooler and stock lower - not going to cut it. For my setup, I have the luxury of a 351W wider valley and pushed a cobra core down into a custom lower manifold. Similiar to the cobra / lightning intakes, but for Windsor engine. Stacking a 2.6L autorotor compressor on this, the pulley is still very close to the hood.

Before anyone starts asking for pictures, this is still a pile of waterjet cut parts awaiting me to weld up. I wonder when I will ever get back to it. The never ending list of house projects, 60+ hours / week job, 2 kids and a wife that misses me are all priorities sadly...

Blk Mk8 - hit me up with what your brother is looking to get for the headers. I may be interested, as I want to drop the 302 back into my Ranger with a 2.2L for the mean time. A big set of headers would do me well :)

i will take a picture of what i have and email them to you.

Back