all terrain tires that are good and cheap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

all terrain tires that are good and cheap

i have been looking at just some all terrain tires. Out of the tires i have looked at: Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo and Revo 2, Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor, are all nice but i want a little more tred and cheap. Where and how much can i get them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, this is going to sound cheezy, but go to Walmart and take a look at their GoodYear Wrangler Authoritys.. Good Tread, Look good, CHEAP(~$130), and ONLY sold at Walmart retailers... Here's a pic to show what they look like.
bgpx6s.jpg

genral grabber at/2's pretty cheap and they look awsome

OK, this is going to sound cheezy, but go to Walmart and take a look at their GoodYear Wrangler Authoritys.. Good Tread, Look good, CHEAP(~$130), and ONLY sold at Walmart retailers... Here's a pic to show what they look like.
bgpx6s.jpg

I was going to say the samething, if it weren't for the crappy server...haha. The Walmart over by my house has Wrangler MTR's for 135 a tire. Thats a great deal I think considering other places charge way more than that for them tires. It wouldn't be bad to go check out a walmart.

THEY SELL MTR's, DANG I wish my Walmart sold those... That's the tires I want back, I had a set of the old design MTR's and LOVED THEM. I wanna get a set of the new design and see how they do.. But KuSpartan wants All-terrains, not mud terrains.. so..

Thanks guys. Those tires are sick looking, now I wonder if 265/70/17 will fit on my OEM rims. I have 245/65/17 and also would like some recomendation on how to make my sport trac look a little more off roadish looking: like brush guards, headache racks, etc. Anything cheap and major dough haha. I just need to make my truck look different from the three other, that look the same as mine, in my town.

Check the sticker inside your passenger door that'll tell you your rim size (its with the tyre info I think), if you've got 7 1/2" rims 265's will fit on them.

Hankook Dynapro rf10 ATM. I have them, and they are AMAZING. I've had Goodyear Wranglers and BFG, and these are much better.

I got them for $118 a piece. You should be able to find the same price local, otherwise I can send you the price of my tires, so you can give them to your shop if they do "price match"

As far as mods, I would get a brush guard, and a roof safari rack. I've always like the safari racks on sport tracs. If your going for an offroad look, you'd be surprised how big of a difference new wheels and tires make. Also, window tint, smoked lights, offroad lights, megaphone.... :)

Good Luck
-joe

Another Tire that I forgot about are I believe are FRESH on the market are... Fierce Attitude MT's
Some pics: Tread Depth
zn95zo.jpg

Overall:
6e3y21.jpg

A couple buddies at school have these, and they are killer in person. And then you have people wondering what tire you have, and you see the people sneak up and read the tires... it's awesome..

Thanks guys. Those tires are sick looking, now I wonder if 265/70/17 will fit on my OEM rims. I have 245/65/17 and also would like some recomendation on how to make my sport trac look a little more off roadish looking: like brush guards, headache racks, etc. Anything cheap and major dough haha. I just need to make my truck look different from the three other, that look the same as mine, in my town.

The tires on my sport when I bought it off the lot had 265/70/16, so I'm pretty sure they would fit yours.

thanks joe, i think ill make my own rack, it looks easy, and i was looking at the adrenalin's head-lights and hood, they look sick but will they fit on my 08 XLT and i cant find smoked out tail-lights.
Axial32, those kelly mt's you sent me are sick but the cheapest i can find are like $158/tire. i really like you guys helping me out just keep sending AT and MT tires to me cause i really need to get new tires.

which ones are you refering to as Kelly MT's??
Have you looked into Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs as well.. My mom actually just got a set for her full size surburban.. and SHE LOVES THEM.. so
Decent price... but prolly on the high side.
eikp6x.jpg

Here's a better pic of the Goodyear Wrangler Authority's on a set of heep wheels.
They have up to a size 33" tire.. I don't think anything bigger though, but they do have smaller sizes
14speu0.jpg

yea im thinking about getting either silentarmor or those... and have you had any word on coopers or yahkamo are they good

Umm.. I've not heard much about them.. neither have I really done any type of research on either of the brands...

Sorry about that.. I did some more searching.. and got a hit.. here's a link... for your 265-70-17, but I don't remember them being this expensive when I went in and looked at them and the paperwork.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Authority/11983163

In a couple days I'll run to walmart and take some pics, and get better info in person about them if you would like.?

dude that would be helpful. dont be in any rush taking them since of the holidays and im also not any big rush just getting ideas. ill also go to my local wal-mart and les schwab to see what they have and pricing.

Ok, sounds good... HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY...

you too and what he said everyone lol :D

how about Yokohama Geolandars AT/S. worth trying for... Goodyear silent Armors are quite heavy aswell.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The BFG All Terrains are amazing tires. I got 75k out of a set with rotating every 5000 miles. They handle very well on road and take the punishment offroad that I like to give a tire! You can find them for about $130 a tire if you shop around. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Les Schwab! They have actually held my wife hostage twice over tires! Bad business!

Back