All you 5.0 guys with Torque Monster headers....please read! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All you 5.0 guys with Torque Monster headers....please read!

LiKuiD

bahhhhhhhhh
Reaction score
City, State
Hillsborough, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 EB
I know I contacted some of you via PM's about the TM headers, but i'm sure there are a few of you out there I missed. Basically, just let me know of your overall impressions with them and if you sincerely think they were worth the price.

Chances are I will be ordereding a Bama chip with the headers so i'm hoping for a decent boost in performance. I'm on the edge of placing the call to Bob over at TM, but I just need some reassurance. Help me out guys! :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I have not fired mine up quite yet, but you already know I am a huge fan of the product, fit, and finish. This is a top quality header, it is obvious when you have them in your hand.
The fit is perfect, the finish is perfect, the customer support is amazing, the thought that went into this product is obvious from the momnet you recieve th package. You have seen the dyno results, and the best part about them is they will bolt to your existing down pipes.

I highly reccomend them. The stock manifolds are by far the most restrictive part of your GT-40 V8, BIG TIME. You are only as good as your smallest bottleneck, and well the stock manifolds are a huge bottleneck.

You will want to get some heatshielding when you install them, due to their design the spark plug boots and wires come pretty close, I bought some of those heat protective booties that slip over the spark plug boot, all problems solved.

I cant say enough about them, which is to be expected since mine were a great deal, I should be running my truck next week, so we shall see what they sound like with no exhaust :)

I have had these headers on for a looong time now. They still look great and I get nothing but good comments about them. Since I had mine 'before and after' dynoed, I know that they are actually beneficial too. Plus, Robert will go above and beyond the call to make sure you are 100% happy with your purchase.

Thanks guys....every little bit helps. I think my only concern now is going to be getting them installed (if and when I do get them) because I don't have the tools or the experience to do it myself...so thats gonna be a bite in the pocket. I've called a bunch of shops around here and so far only 1 out of 5 will even consider installing them. Bahhh...

Anyone else have any comments on the headers?

Anyone? C'mon I know you're out there!

I know that this thread is a month old, but I just read it. Did you get the TM's? I just installed mine and they are fantastic. I did not install them myself, but one of my mechanics did. He ran into some snags here and there, but all in all a simple enough job. Just took some time because of the small room to work with (you have to take alot of stuff off).

They are definately worth the effort. I can't wait to get the custom dual exhaust done and see what they are capable of sounding and performing like.

If you are still having trouble finding a shop to do your TM's, let me know.

they are a little tricky to install, that is for sure. A couple of the bolts require the use of a small box wrench to tighten, given the nature of the tubes, it is the only way to access them.

I also found that you want to start all 8 bolts before you tighten any of them, there will be a couple bolts that you can only get started with the header loose to the engine.

Not too bad though, I have seen worse!
Well worth it IMO

Just found this thread:

I'm very happy to have the headers on my truck - they made a significant increase in availible power. When at speed, the engine revs much freer; this turns into better accleration on downshifts and merges. My gas miliage is also up, even though my foot has been glued to the pedal. :D

Underhood temps are also down, a result of the ceramic coating.

Bob has been fantastic with customer support.

The headers are now emissions legal.

Back