alpine nav system with sony monitor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

alpine nav system with sony monitor?

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
i figured this was best place for this question: can i get the alpine navigation system (dvd based) and hook it up to a sony in-dash tv? or can it only be hooked up to the alpine in-dash screen?

i already have a sony HU, and im planning on a sony 10 disc changer with mp3 capability in the near future, so id like to keep most of the sony, if i can. if i have to get the alpine in-dash screen, can i hook up my sony HU to it?

thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think the alpine as well as other navi systems will work with any monitor or lcd screen. the navi is going to put out a signal that any monitor should be able to display.. no? i guess ur best bet is to call up alpine and find out. but i hope to put a navi system in my x in a couple years but with a no name screen.

As long as the Alpine has a video output it will work with any video screen. you can pull up the owners manual at the alpine web site.

Tim

Originally posted by 94ZebraRanger
As long as the Alpine has a video output it will work with any video screen. you can pull up the owners manual at the alpine web site.

Tim

excellent. thanks :)

Back