Alpine or Infinity speakers?

Willard

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ranger Edge
So I will be buying some new speakers for my car soon and need advice on what to get. I will go ahead and say this is not for an Explorer, it is for my Saturn that I now drive that replaced it.

I'm not too keen on the stock speakers in this car, and want to upgrade. I am not currently nor do I have plans of adding more amplification or subs. I already have an aftermarket HU and want some decent speakers to go with it.

I have narrowed it down to these two models:

Infinity Reference 6032cf:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108603...ml?tp=94&offerId=63134&tab=features_and_specs

Alpine SPS-600 Type-S:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPS600/Alpine-SPS-600.html?c=3&tp=94&nvpair=FFCategory|[rank399]Car+Speakers&nvpair=FFBrand|Alpine&tab=features_and_specs

The Alpines will end up being a slight amount cheaper with the deals they are offering, and have a lot of good reviews. The Infinitys have only a few reviews.

My gut wants to go for the Alpines but the some of the specs are better on the Infinitys. This is all just for normal listening, but I do like to turn it up a bit from time to time. I listen to a broad range of music, so I just want a quality all around speaker.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry, no idea on the Alpines but last year i mounted some Infinity Reference and Kappas in my heap. They are good, like them a lot. The main reason for the Infinity's was because the heeps originals where 2-ohm (Infinity's are 2-ohm) paired with a puny stock amp @17watt/ch. If you can afford the Kappas they are better; at max vol for testing the Reference started to distort but the kappas where still clear.

In the Ex i'm running Boston Acoustics (4ohm) they sound very good with stock radio, same as Kappa's but a little 'warmer'.

Back