AM/FM/CD Problem, has a mind of it's own | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AM/FM/CD Problem, has a mind of it's own

otto edvard

Reaction score
City, State
Reykjavik, Iceland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT V8
In my '02 XLT V8 my AM/FM/CD ( 6-CD player ) seems to play what ever he wants. It starts to play CD's and for no reason it stops and starts another song for few seconds and perhaps on another CD, does this again and again. always few seconds of each song and then it opens up CS slots and demands to load CD's .

I thought it might be in shuffle mode, but that does not work to set it in off position, the problem still consists. This is making me mad when driving with good music at highest volume.

I have disconnected the main battery and taken the fuse out in attempt to "reset" the radio but wiht out any result.

Please advice me what to do! :fire:

my mom has an 01 sport trac with the same radio doing a similar thing. it gets stuck in the seek mode. and it does it on it's own... ergh everything is great on it but that. any electronics guys wanna chime in?

What do you mean by "chime" I am not familiar with that, please
tell me what is being done by doing that.

Thanks for this advise, as I am writing this my '02 is out in the parkinglot
with the battery unplugged in attempt to "reset" the radio.

greatings from Iceland.

It means to have a comment about something. How is Reykjavik? I was in Keflavik during 1966-67 - when they were still driving on the left side of the road. I would expect you to have a "sson" on the end of your name.

Back