Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It irritates the living **** out of me when an interior piece has a broken clip and won't hold in place properly. If and edge is sticking up, it makes it look crappy. I'm completely with BBQ in saying that broken clip makes the piece utterly useless. If it were mine, I'd be trashing it and buying a new one, not trying to sell it as an item in good condition. If I bought that one and found out the clip was broken, I'd want my money back too.

To top it off, it's not really about the broken clip at all. It's about the fact that the seller doesn't want to own up to his obvious mistake and make good on the transaction. The piece is not acceptable and the seller is all but saying 'I've got your money now, sorry about your luck' that is the problem. That is bullshit. You sell something, the buyer can't use it, you give the money back. Would you expect anything different from a parts store or junk yard? No.

:fire: Name his ass. I don't want to end up buying something from him, have it turn out to be in unacceptable condition, and then have to put up with this same crap.

And for the seller, you'd be best off refunding the money just to save face. At least that way you'll be able to say you did end up making good on the transaction in the end. You have quite a few posts and your member name is well recognized, I expect you don't want to be labeled as someone who willingly rips people off. :nono:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A simple search will show anyone who really wants to know who it is. Just limit the search to the for sale forum, only threads that BBQ posted in, with the word cup. You will find it.

I'm not going to blame BBQ for not naming him, that is surely respectable, but this is pathetic and people should be warned, I have no problem guiding people to the answer and taking the blame if BBQ doesn't like it.

BTW: I agree with John, there is no way a trim peice that doesn't fit snugly can be considered decent.

ok if this product was sold to you by me, i would have gave you back the 25 dollars already, and then i would have confronted the guy that sold it to me and demanded back my money, then again i would have mentioned that it was slightly damaged

there is no reason for you to wait because the seller wanted to wait for his money from the original seller

Im sorry that i missed this thread. Studying for finals didnt exactly allow me to read every thread on the forum. well anyways.. here is my side of the story on EX

http://www.##############/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=29174#29174
fill in the ### wtih explorer.(com i dont know why it wont link

I have no problem saying that I am the person involved in this dispute. If you read closely to the private messages that were sent to me, I wasnt exactly treated with respect from the start. I have no intention of "giving in" to ronnie because he continues to use my age against me as some kind of way to say he is better than I because he is older. While i may only be half or a third of your age ronnie, You have to understand that you made a claim against me on paypal saying the item was not as described. check out my for sale thread.. there was no statement i made about the condition of the piece. I am not saying I sold you a piece that was broken on purpose. I honestly didnt know that was broken. Or if it was even broken to begin with. I didnt have a picture of that tab when i put it up for sale, and how can you even see the "missing" tab on my picture? in my picture, it seems like the tab on the bottom, or the one you say missing, is still there, because of that small thing sticking out the end.

I will offer a compromise. I will send you back half your money, and you can keep the piece, and pay your shop to fiberglass a small tab on there. You can sell the item on ebay and come out on top. You've treated me with nothing but disrespect from the beginning, and no matter what you or others think of me from this thread, ive sold other items with no problems. You can think whatever you want of me. You just need to understand that a used item always has the possibility of imperfections, and its the BUYERS responsibility to ask questions. Ive brought it up multiple times, but when you buy a used car, YOU have to take it to a mechanic or inspect it yourself, because YOUR buying it. Being much older and wiser than I, im sure you already know this.

Im sorry if anyone who reads this thread thinks im an @sshole or what not, I did not intend for all this to happen. It could have been dealt with differently, I could have refunded his money, and lost $25. Ronnie kept bringing up the fact of the integrity of the deal, and what not, and trying to make me feel guilty. Well im sorry that not doing everything to your favor wasnt my #1 choice.

I hoped you would speak up. This is not about age here. Age has entirely nothing to do with any of this. The part simply has no place on my Explorer or in my home. I will not sell this item to someone else, you see what kind of problems can arise from it. It has no place anywhere but in the trashcan or in the hands of someone who can mold things. I cannot mold, so guess where it needs to go, if not back to you. I told you from the beginning what my intentions were with the part. Now let's move on.

You have my PayPal account information, that is how you were paid. It should never have come down to any of this. Don't even try to compare this to buying a car. I would never buy a car I coudn't touch or kick the tires on. This forum is about people who to me are allot like family. We share ideas, thoughts, and even ask for help to make decisions about family problems and things. Yes, we even wish each other Happy Birthday and such. Just make it right. You need to do what you think is the right thing for Jeong to do. Let me know.

Can you please stop telling me to do the right thing like your my father. you say age has nothing to do with this, yet you've brought up me being 22 and immature several times. Dont mention the wishing someone a happy birthday and other bs. I really did feel bad about this whole transaction until you started giving me the lectures. Ive been on this forum for quite longer than you have, and have learned alot from other members. Maybe i havent gotten to know the forum members that well, but dont lecture me about family and the forums purpose to me or others. Honestly if i was that immature and intent on screwing you, I could just say FU and walk away. But i havent done that

You are paying a shop a lot of money to do work for you, so get them to fiberglass a small tab on there. Honestly, it really isnt something that difficult to do. You are just being stubborn and want me to give in. You wont buy a car that you cant touch or kick the tires on? what does that mean? why doesnt my comparison to buying a used car make sense? especially with this day and age with internet transactions, sometimes you get a blemished item because it USED.

Now lets move on? lets move on then. why cant you sell the piece? sell it on ebay and list the little damage on there. Someone who does know how to fix that piece will pick it up.

So are we going with the payment of half of what you gave me, or is this still a problem?

Be a man, you sold Ronnie a broken part, maybe you knew it was broken or not, maybe it was a mistake or maybe not. and refund the money.

Its not about money, its about character and respect.

If you do not make it good, you will loose all credibility and respect from the members of this forum.

Be a man and do the right thing.

i'll buy it for $12.50, you refund half his money and we're all even eh?

This is just rediculous. Both of you need to finish this and move on.

aldive said:
Be a man, you sold Ronnie a broken part, maybe you knew it was broken or not, maybe it was a mistake or maybe not. and refund the money.

Its not about money, its about character and respect.

If you do not make it good, you will loose all credibility and respect from the members of this forum.

Be a man and do the right thing.
Well said.

jssong said:
sometimes you get a blemished item because it USED.
BULLSHIT! :fire: The item is not blemished it is broken.

You obviously have no character and no intention of making an honorable transaction. A mere $25 or not, it's not pathetic that Ronnie has a problem with the item, it's pathetic that you don't have enough decency or respect for other people to make things right. :nono:

Refund the mans money. It doesnt make any difference what you or he said or didnt say or ment or whatever. You sold him a broken item. He doesnt want it. Seems very simple to me.
As for selling it on ebay..Who wants a broken console piece? Get real. I buy & sell on ebay and would never even think of doing something like that, but then I value my rateing as an ebayer & as a person.

Went and read the thread on the other site...

Sounds like to me is that you, jssong, aren't mature enough to take responsibility for your own mistakes. Blame it on the other guy that sold it to you? Way to be a man. :rolleyes:

Nobody's falling for that crap so you say Ronnie could have broken it? Ha ha. In the picture you posted of the part in your for sale thread you prove that a lie. Goes completely unnoticed when you're expecting an honest trade and not looking for broken parts, but once you know what you're looking for you can just barely tell that it was broken prior to shipment. Translation: you knew it was broken. :(
Sounds pretty fishy the break had been sanded too... You sure you didn't break it and try to hide the fact is was broken by smoothing out the resulting rough edge, hoping that the buyer would never notice?

You sure you're 22? I'm 22 and I sure don't act like that. Sounds more like a 12 year old's actions to me. :rolleyes:

hey yob... Dont question me. How do you know what the truth is. I wouldnt have sold that part as i did IF i knew it was broken. What the hell gives you the right to call me a liar. I am offering a compromise and if that doesnt suit you or anyone else, i really could care less. You werent here to receive the item when i first got it, and you werent here when i sent it out. I am not trying to cover my tracks by lying. BUt no matter what i say, or even do, you guys will think im an @sshole. And i honestly could care less.
I only said that ronnie could have broken it to say that there isnt any proof that I sold him the piece knowing it was broken, there is a possibility that I am lying, but there is also the possibility that I am not. You guys automatically take the side of the buyer, never the seller. So why dont you just stop saying I sold him that piece knwoing it was broken. If i was really trying to be shady, i would have sold it on ebay and just screwed over the buyer, rather than have to leave this forum with all of you thinking of me this way. But i guess its too late now. Even if i return this guys money, you guys will think of me one way, and it doesnt really bother me. sh*t happens, thats life.

I just found the other site and read the thread that was posted. It shows a complete lack of class in dealing with a “problemâ€￾.

Ronnie is a stand up kind of guy and does not deserve any of that. He did nothing wrong, it was you that tried to pass off a broken part on him. Didn’t your mother teach you better?

Your reputation as a seller as well as a human has been greatly damaged. I hope you are ashamed of yourself.

Be a real man and send Ronnie his money…..

We'd think a lot better of you if you would just do the right thing and refund his money in full without a fuss....

Me too JDraper, All would be soon forgotten if you refunded the money. That is all that has been asked of you from Day1. The console is of no use to me. I can't lay out money to have it at Pheonix imaging without the clips. I didn't care how scratched up it was. I told you that. They do an overlay of it and repair scratches and such, but not broken tabs. Are you going to refund or not? And take my email address down off the other site. That is my private email address and not for public viewing. Thank you. I would be glad to have this thread deleted when we clear this matter up.

jssong said:
But i guess its too late now. Even if i return this guys money, you guys will think of me one way, and it doesnt really bother me. sh*t happens, thats life.
No, it's not too late. If you do the right thing, you will gain some respect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jssong said:
You guys automatically take the side of the buyer, never the seller.
Um wrong. I never automatically take sides, I takes sides with the person who is right IMO on whatever the matter is. This time I'm with the buyer, who knows about next time.

The reason it seems like you knew it was broken is because you're so defensive about the whole subject. For what reason do you have the urge to not refund the money if you weren't attempting to potentially screw someone in the first place? That's the shady part. If you weren't so hard-up to not give a full refund, nobody would think twice about it.

But okay, I'll assume you didn't know it was broken. It's very, very simple to prove to everyone reading this thread your intentions were honest, and you have plenty of chance to save face and not be permanently considered an #######. All you need to do is make good on the transaction. Refund the $25 like you should and everybody is happy. The deal is made honest so Ronnie is happy and everbody sees that you made it good in the end so we don't all call you an ass.

Even when something turns out wrong, ended the deal honestly and honorably usually means the deal began that way also. Ending it otherwise only leads people to think it started off as a gyp. Simple problem, even simpler solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back