• Register Today It's free!

Amp install question

vdaily89

Reaction score
City, State
Floyds Knobs, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 4x4
When wiring up an amp, should I run the remote turn on wire down the same side or opposite side of the power cable? I've heard people you should do it both ways. Which is proper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran mine on the opposite side. I bundled the RCA's and the remote lead and fished them through at the same time.

I ran mine on the same side as the power wire, RCA's on the other side. I was once told that power and remote on one side, RCA's on the other, less noise that way. I have never noticed a difference though.

wow i just bought a set of street wire rca cables.they have the remote turn on wire molded to them.this is interesting.

I ran power with turn on, and RCA on the other side.

can be done both ways but there is a higher likely hood of you introducing noise into the system when power wires and rca's are ran on the same side of the vehicle especially if you have a weak ground

Well, its about half and half. Hmmmm.....

Power and remote turn on can be ran on the same side as they are both coming from the same source (pos side of battery) what you want to avoid if possible is running power cables and rca cables side by side eventhough it can be done withno problems

Back