And God said, let Edge have his Explorer... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

And God said, let Edge have his Explorer...

Ok- now I'm worried that there is a serious case of car-love going on in the driveway... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ask and ye shall receive. Would have uploaded this earlier but was doing the mandatory MyFord Touch crash course, not that I haven't memorized the manual already. I found it to be easy to use and well thought out. No problems connecting to my phone however, does anyone know how to get the MAC address of the unit? My home wireless uses MAC address filtering and I don't want to turn it off just for the Ex.

So the forum won't display my image so here's a link directly to it.

Congrats Edge! You did better than me. I am still Ex-less.

I left work headed to the dealership at 4:30. Both I and the sales manager, Jay, believed my Ex would be delivered by 5PM. He'd talked to the convoy-delivery dispatch folks, and that was the planned timing. The prep folks would be there until 6:30, so we had some time. Well, that time came and went and no transport truck.

The prep folks left, and I knew the likelihood of getting my Ex tonight had gone. We decided to go ahead and draw up the paperwork. At about 7:30 we were all done with paperwork and I'd shot the breeze, loitering really, as long as I could.

I went out to get into the Taurus to go home. Didn't make it out of the lot before here comes the transport! I had the real pleasure of taking pictures as my Ex was unloaded and got to give it the once (Ok twice..Ok three times) over. It's gorgeous!

Jay is going to get it cleaned up and preped and a salesman will bring it the 35 miles from the dealership and deliver it to me and take my trade back. Their service rules!

So I'm close....but not there yet....

Ask and ye shall receive.

explorer.jpg

Ok, this has to be some sort of reverse suspense now, or you have played the perfect joke being that your new "Ex" is in fact a red "x" :D

I don't think the forum liked your pic address...

Scott- that's cool. Not many people happen to get to see their vehicle come off the transporter... :thumbsup:

Yeah, for some reason the picture wouldn't show up from my free hosting (that must be the problem) site. I updated it again and it's there now, not sure how long it will last though.

scott, congrats. Glad to hear the timing worked out. Sounded a lot like my Monday except the transport came before I got there.

I have noticed one problem, at least I think it's a problem with it so far. The rear lift-gate (manual, not powered) is very hard to close. When you close it like a normal person would, it looks closed and is locked but as soon as you start up the vehicle, the warning comes up saying the lift gate is ajar. You go back there and it doesn't look open but if you get a good hold on it, you can move it either way 1/4 inch. I tried various levels of force to close it and the only one that works is "max" force, ha. I have to open it back up and slam it in order for it to be truly locked and the ajar warning to go away.

does anyone know how to get the MAC address of the unit?

You need to have it connect to something...got a spare AP? Or, even with MAC filtering, maybe being on the management page you will see your Ex attempt the connection and see the MAC there.

Lucky...red and I would have been there to snag it ahead of you :D

You HAD to take the course? No way I am having my sales guy teach me anything about it. I spent like 20 minutes in one on the lot already and I think his jaw was on the ground.

Holy crap- it exists! And it's in your garage!!! :thumbsup:

The Ex is impressive and so's your garage! Both are so white!

You need to have it connect to something...got a spare AP? Or, even with MAC filtering, maybe being on the management page you will see your Ex attempt the connection and see the MAC there.

Lucky...red and I would have been there to snag it ahead of you :D

You HAD to take the course? No way I am having my sales guy teach me anything about it. I spent like 20 minutes in one on the lot already and I think his jaw was on the ground.

You know I thought of that after I posted last night. I went to my router settings and sure enough, there it was in the logs, an attempted connection. It would probably be easier to turn off my security for 10 minutes, connect with the Ex, get the MAC and then turn it back on.

My salesman humored me and he made several comments to that. He said he's never had a buyer know more than him about a vehicle until I walked in the door. I just played with MFT while he talked. I lost count of the times he said "yup, you got it". I could have been rude and said don't bother but I was in no hurry.

My salesman humored me and he made several comments to that. He said he's never had a buyer know more than him about a vehicle until I walked in the door. I just played with MFT while he talked. I lost count of the times he said "yup, you got it". I could have been rude and said don't bother but I was in no hurry.

You know they get a $75 spiff for teaching you? I'm going to tell my salesman (when he calls...supposed to be this morning) about it if he doesn't know. Let him know I'll make it his easiest $75 ever if he makes things happen for me soon!

I'm glad you guys got your Ex's, I can't see any of your pics but I am happy for y'all!!!

congrads how come it wont let me see the pics or ur x it says page error for me

Back