Andre Hryn and his Un-Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Andre Hryn and his Un-Limited

Here we go. Just yesterday I became an Elite Explorer and now I would like to finally tell you a bit about my rig. It was May of 1999 that I found Rick's "Serious Explorations" site. I was looking for ways to improve my truck a little and find out if there are any places that I can go wheeling. Here I met a lot of great people, got plenty of help and found lots of ideas on how to prepare my truck for off-roading. I'm hooked!!
So, my truck is a 1994 Limited with roughly 97K miles on it. I'm a second owner. 'til this date I installed a 3" body and 2" suspension lifts, got rid of a factory air box in lieu of A KKN filter. Same with busted front wheel automatic hubs which I replaced with WARN manual hubs. Got rid of all the "Limited" accesories, I.E. runnig boards, front bumper spoiler and rear bumper cover. New Split Fire plugs and wires were next. Stainless Steel push bar with a set of cool and powerful amber driving lights and fog lights had to be modified so it can withstand rigors of off roading. Front and back tow hooks were a must. Right now I have 31X10.5 Wrangler RT/S tires on stock rims but I'm still looking for some nice 33" muds or swampers to put on. Ramsey Pro Plus winch sitting in my garage just waiting to be installed before next run. Since I'm going 33" I'll be looking to get some new gears since at this point at 3.73 gas milage really sucks. Better for wheeling as well. Winter projects? I got to get my roof rack fabed and somehow create a nice rear tire carrier. So far it's been nothing but pleasure driving my Un-Limited. Even when it brakes down, really not too often, it's not turning me down. I love working on it. I'm happy with it.
For more info on all the runs I've been on go to my Explorer Pages. Link is included in my signature. It's gonna be updated as I just finished loading some more pictures. Enjoy, eeeeehhhhh Rick - thanks a lot!

View

I really like this picture. This is what it's all about
Ray

View

[Edited by Ray Lobato on 12-13-2000 at 05:19 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice

Hey andre,
I jsut checked out the Un-Limited, thats a nice ride, I am waiting on my elite membership to go through, so I can post some stuff too! Later
Marshall

I like this picture!

View

NICE

now that looks like fun, you even have the limited rims still, I thought i was about the only one with factory rims anymore!

HAHAHA! ANDRE GOT STUCK! Naw, great to hear Andre.....I don't think I said it, but those are GREAT pics...from the Attica Run I set up, and missed....I know you guys had a blast, but when ever there is the next one, I'm gonna try to be there!
Pete

wow, looks like you guys went through my files. I'm just afraid what else you found there. And yes, these are still factory Limited rims although not for long. I had AR rims but sold them with 35's mounted on them. Did not fit my rig. I'm getting new rims and beefier tires so I won't get stuck there again.

Thanks guys,

OK... I'm back! UnLimited is back in my garage!
Here's the way it looks for now!
DSC01202.jpg

sweet is that the euro light conversion

You've got funny lookin headlights! Where's the big bird yellow? :p:

it does look a little funny - but also different at the same time. I don't know... my trucks always have to stick out.

Here's another angle:
DSC01255.jpg

Unbelievable... they did sell the UnLimited...

c0_1_b.jpg

Fresh, out of the woods!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0915.JPG
    DSC_0915.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 268

nice x u got there keep up the good work

Back