Android radio upgrade questions.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Android radio upgrade questions....

Kikinz24

Reaction score
City, State
Youngstown, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer base
Does anybody on here have the radio upgrade Android 9" radio ? Or the Chinese one.. both state they do not support factory remote start .. I emailed radio upgrade with no response.. trying to understand what it doesn't support... Will the heat and AC functions not work when you use the remote start? Will the remote start no longer function... If so why is this... My thought but I could be wrong is the heat functions do not work when using remote start because there is no power to the radio itself when using it??? Maybe? Lol any help is appreciated... Got a ticket in IL for talking on my phone. " Did not know it was a hands free state". . and wife's explorer does not have bluetooth

……... My thought but I could be wrong is the heat functions do not work when using remote start because there is no power to the radio itself when using it??? Maybe? …... Got a ticket in IL for talking on my phone. " Did not know it was a hands free state". . and wife's explorer does not have bluetooth
Are you referring to the Android radio or the OEM one? The OEM radio has power going to it all the time because you can turn it on at any time. As for the ticket you got, distracted driving is distracted driving regardless if the state has a law against it or not. If not getting a response to your email is any indication of their 'support', I think I'd stay away from them.

Peter

Are you referring to the Android radio or the OEM one? The OEM radio has power going to it all the time because you can turn it on at any time. As for the ticket you got, distracted driving is distracted driving regardless if the state has a law against it or not. If not getting a response to your email is any indication of their 'support', I think I'd stay away from them.

Peter
It's an aftermarket. Android my vehicle doesn't have sync so I can't upgrade to a mft setup. Well not used to getting pulled over for talking on the phone . In Ohio there is no law prohibiting talking on the phone.. was passing thru IL and was pulled over.. if I had known it was the states law I would have stopped to make the call. I've seen people post that have the radio and like it. But I can't find an answer to why or what the remote start issue is exactly.. if it is simply the radio doesn't power up when you remote start the vehicle I could always tap into a power source that does . Simply to turn it on.. so the HVAC functions work with remote start. I really don't want to shell out $500-$600 for a radio. If I can't find a workaround with . Its colder more often than hot so. I prefer to keep my remote start

Back