Another Theft thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another Theft thread

jarce0807

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2002
Hi guys

First, thanks for accepting me, this is my very first post, I've been reading for a while....

Now.... I have a Sport Trac 2002, I was running some errands and parked my car normally, when I was done, I open my car with the key, got in, and try to start the car....and nothing happened.....Theft light is blinking fast, everything else work, but car won't start, not even trying.. I called a locksmith, he put his testing tools, and come up with immobilizer antenna not working (with that I'm talking about the transreciever or the round thing that goes around the key cilinder), so he had a new one, replace it, and......nothing!!! apparently that module is not getting electricity....

But wait...there is more..... previous owner was a pig...and not a car guy, so I only have 1 factory key, I made a copy and the chip was programmed correctly, and actually work. Also, as far as I've been reading, it should be a module in the tool box compartment (were the jack is) but there is none, the door keypad work, but I don't know the code so I never use it.

So now I have a nice 4 wheel paper weight in the middle of my garage, can someone help me out? Another locksmith will be here in a couple of days...but I just wanted to know I there is something else I can do.

thanks guys!

If you know the troublecode that the locksmith got from the car that would be really helpful.

In the meantime:

Turn the key to Run (not Start). If the system can't enable the system the THEFT light will blink rapidly for a short time period then it will stop momentarily.

It will then blink out a two-digit code. It will blink a number of times for the first digit, then a short pause, then blink a number of times for the second digit. Count these, there will then be a longer pause and it will repeat the two-digit sequence nine more times.

Post the results, maybe we can help you.

Let me know what you figure out, I seem to be having a similar issue, only I've been graced with an over-ride button that allows me to start it still.

Back