Any lifted EB/ Limited Gen 4's with Stock 18" chrome wheels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any lifted EB/ Limited Gen 4's with Stock 18" chrome wheels?

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Getting the wife a new ride so im thinking of selling my 98 Limited and keeping her 06 EB for myself.... Therefore it needs to go up!

Thinking of a BTF or Truxxx spacer lift and BTF upper arms. I see BTF has a 3" F/ 2.5" rear kit listed but only for '02-05's..... guessing it should fit an 06?

Then a set of 255x70x18 or 275x65x18 (both listed as a true 32") on my OEM 18" chrome wheels.

I have been looking at tons of pics of lifted Gen 4's over the last day and have not seen a single one on OEM 18" EB / Limited chrome wheels. All are 16" and 18" wheels.

Also thinking of a 1" wheel spacer. Hopefully it doesnt rub on the running boards but if it does probably go with a 1" body lift then.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@SemiGamer would be the person to talk too. He's running spacers on his EB. But not yet a Traxda lift.

PM me if you decide to go with the lift, I have the Traxda kit brand new. Picked it up for around $300 and won't be lifting my Explorer. (Trading it in) Also have 1" bodylift blocks I could throw in.

I think the Limiteds and EB's look the best lifted because they don't have all that plastic gray trim. Wheels would look good too, but you'd definitely have to run some spacers, because the lift pulls your axles inward so your wheels/tires would be sitting even farther in than they do now. Alot of people are running 2" or more.

I'm running the traxxx lift and have 265/65-18's

1" wheel spacers on the front and everything is golden.

B4498E13-7A30-4C0B-AF53-B2066B8965FB_zpsbrowoirc.jpg

I have 08 EB, but 17"
i think your tire size same as mine, 265/70R17
1.5" rear & 2" front suspension spacer, and 1.5" wheel spacer

Back