any one in the dfw area know...... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

any one in the dfw area know......

DDEBEXP

Reaction score
City, State
Duncanville, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 4x4 Eddie Bauer
any halfway decent off-road locations that aren't "trespassing"? This should break the monotony of this dead sub-forum. I will soon be living in duncanville and want to actually use my 4x4 for what it is really used for. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gilmer is really all i know of, and i think its about 2.5 hours from D/FW area.

Gilmer would be correct. There is Nacona Hills which is closer but you would need a very very built rig to make it out there.

Look into private parks like katemcy rocks, long ranch, ect...

They are pay to play, but legal.

hey man im in midlothian like 15 mins away from u

I am in Austin, anyone know anyplace near?

You ought to come out to Gilmer with us on the 22nd October.

I'd say any side street. Urban wheelin' is the ultimate, but beware of parking lot light poles, they tend to be very unforgiving.

wow, i just realized that i haven't checked this sub-forum for a long time. I am going to el paso next week. Anyone there? Also, let me know if anyone goes out 4 wheeling after the 29th, i'd be interested. Thanks, and I will be checking this one now, if anyone sees this. Thanks for your responses.

awesome, is it ok that i have stock suspension though? Those were some pretty hardcore pics there. If there is room for a novice (at least with an explorer) with stock suspension count me in. I have done stuff close to that, not as extreme in jeeps before.

You can run some trails with stock suspension, then on the harder stuff you might want to hop in with one of us...

Hmmm.....Maybe.....

I need to see if I can go on this run too.

Pricing still in the $25.00 dollar range for a single day, no memebership?

This could be another fun run.

Rob

Bring it Rob

Gofast said:
I need to see if I can go on this run too.

Pricing still in the $25.00 dollar range for a single day, no memebership?

This could be another fun run.

Rob

You gonna let Dylan drive?

Dylan Driving, Yep!

You bet, What better way to teach him to wheel than to let him loose on the trails.

My hope is that he'll want a Explorer or Ranger. Right now he seems to think he'll get a $25K Jeep. ( Not gonna happen )

Anyway, I need to check the calender and make sure we are not palnning anything else.

Let's wheel again!

Rob

I will be there, that is if i can find a seat. If not then ill have to wheel the tow rig. :p

Back