ANY RUNS NEAR MICHIGAN??? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ANY RUNS NEAR MICHIGAN???

I live in the Rochester Area... in SE MI. I know of one trail in Auburn Hills... if ya want directions Email me at JrseyKid86@netscape.net

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why not post them?

where in MI are ya from?

Well, i dunno if its worth it to come up from Garden City, but if ya do, take I75 north until exit 79, then go toward rochester (left on the exit ramp) take University until Squirrel. Turn Left on squirrel. Stay on that road through the dirt part of it, all the way north until you hit Silver Bell. When you hit silver bell, turn left. you will take this west past M24 (lapeer) stay in the right lane when it opens up. Silverbell will turn right.. STAY ON what your on.. it turns into Giddings Road... stay on that! then across from the Orion Plant (automotive) turn right at the stop light into the new development area. Stay on the road that is at the stop light (no street name) and take it all the way into the court. at the end of there you will see a 2-track leading into the woods. There it is. It is an abandoned race track from a long time ago. There are busted up old race cars and train cars back there... its fun, but pretty small.. just be careful.. my friend accidentally drove into a pond... HAVE FUN!! email me with anymore questions

cool. i'll have to check it out after i finish my lift.

where abouts are the dunes?

Over on west coast of MI north of Grand Rapids.

ok, cool. i will have to see what my schedule looks like but i would love to make it!

is the dunes something a stocker (or mostly stocker) can handle?

Yes

sweet.. i will basically be stock but 3" higher unles i can convince a jeep buddy to sell me some tires/rims. i just went to my works website and put in the request. i also put in a request for the better half to get it off too so we can make a weekend of it.

I'd love to get in on a run (my first). I just picked up my first X. It is an '03 Sport. It is a 4X2, but I'm willing to tag along if the trail is resonably mild.

I'm returning to Michigan towards the end of June - Middle of July.

felt like digging this up

ok, we have another run to silver lake coming up....aug 8-10. here is the thread

was looking at this thread because the wife and I are thinking of trying to relocate to michigan. Thought it was funny that the last two posts are almost 10 years apart.

Back