Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

Yeah i really can't get anymore than that. Kinda sucks. I mean mine is tuned and sometimes a led foot. So last tank i took it easy and got about 306. Maybe come summer that 306 goes to 320;

What are your driving habits? if no traffic on highway what is your speed limit you stay at. LOTS of hills ect where i live

don't know who you have for a tuner, but look into getting an eco tune from them. Should get you a bunch of extra mpg, and then when you want to go play, just tune it back to the performance tune (keep using the same fuel though)

I may get shunned for this, but if you are really worried about it, go back to stock and run 87. I have tried multiple tanks on 93 and multiple on 87. 87 is .50 cheaper a gallon here. I haven't noticed a difference in MPG or every day driving performance. I am getting 18.4MPG in DC/MD/VA traffic.

If I plan to run it at the track, run a long trip (300 or more miles), or tow I would put in 93 and pull the battery to reset the ECU. I haven't had that issue yet though.

Also plan to get a Livernois tune eventually. I am interested in trying the 87 tune and 93 tune. Maybe run 87 M-F and 93 on weekend fill ups.

I was going to do the same thing as well, but got talking with them and they were saying the 93 over the 87 should get you a little better gas mileage, and then when you tune, you want to continue to run the same fuel all the time because switching from 87 to 93 you want to run through a tank or two either way which would eliminate all the fuel saving benefits pretty much. Best bet is to look into running an eco tune on 93, it'll get you farther on a tank (and save you a little on money as well).

Back