• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have a fix for this?

Vanquish502

Reaction score
City, State
Kitchener, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
91EB, 91EB, 92XLT
Genius who owned it before me decided the cut off whatever was on the end of these wires.

wtf.jpg

He cut off the plug on the end of the speaker cables and now theres 8 open wires...

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, he said that he had a deck professionally installed but nothing worked. The CD player had power and played but the speakers didnt do anything. Is there some sort of in-dash amp that could be blown or something?

There's an amp turn on wire that needs to be hooked up for the speakers to work. However you're better off getting an amp bypass kit as you will get better sound. You can get a chiltons manual and I beleive it has the wiring diagrams for the speakers. Or you could just do what I would do and hook them up and figure out which one is which.

I actually have a spare wire like that from a dash I bought. the other end of it is near the gas pedal.

I have to remove it from the wiring harness, but for $10 it's yours.

Ryan

i myself would just grab a small stereo and start troubleshooting which wires are for what speakers, or perhaps you may be able to find a plug and can just wire the factory wires right to it.

Back