• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have Satellite Radio?

PPro

Reaction score
City, State
Whitmore Lake, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport
I've been kinda tossing the idea around for a while now. Anybody have it? Sirus/Xm? Likes/Dislikes?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had both... XM is great... I like the programing on Sirius a little better though... And I have a lifetime membership to sirius too... XM dosen't offer that...

i prefer sirius's stations to XM, i dont have sat. radio in my X. but both my parents suv's have it.

Sirius here, it's alright. I perfer local stations to satellites though.

Have XM. Road trips will never be the same without it! I was thinking about droping it after I got my MP3 player. But I don't think I could live without it now.

XM is finally available "legally" in Canada, but I'm still susbcribed to the US programming. More channels and more billing options. With the weak US dollar it's cheap as well. I'm listening to their web broadcast right now. Sirius and XM look so similar. I actually prefer the XM programming myself. I use a Pioneer XM tuner under my back seat hooked to a Pioneer tuner.

Good stuff. I don't even bother programming FM presets any longer.

I have XM in my truck. It is great on roadtrips, especially in other countries. Can you imagine 2,000 miles in Mexico listening to mexican stations??

The only thing I don't like about it is they play a lot of the same songs on a lot of the same channels. I think Kelly Clarkson and Green Day both own XM or something. That's all they play! :p

But you love Kelly Clarkson... so it's okay. =]

I've got XM and I love it... In fact I'm listening to it right now online...

I have Sirius and love it. It's great if you live somewhere that doesn't have any decent stations like the past 2 places I lived.

i have XM. i like it. but will be changing to sirius for one person and no it isn;t howard stern yuck he is the worst..

i am switching for a person who used to be on 98 rock and was the first one fired because of the obscenity interpertations....or laws as some will call them....
Todd CLemm... also know as BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE.
he was the best. well hopefully will be again soon...BTLS.com

I had XM through my Pioneer headunit/tuner in my X and loved it. When i got rid of the X and bought the Impala without it, i went through withdrawl. I just had an aftermarker XM Commander installed temporarily until the plug-n-play tuners become available for the new Impala.

I do agree that they play a lot of the same $h!t all the time, but that's probably b/c i listen to only 10 music stations out of the 100+ and i'm only in the car for a total of 60min/day, so i may hear the same songs on the Top 20 @ 20 station a couple times a day. Oh, well - that's when you dial up another.

I used it in the adirondack mountains while we camped and it never lost a signal, and listening to the Yankees games at the campfire was sweeeeet.

XM Online is great, too.

I dont listen to Stern that much, but I do every now and then. Is there anything "wrong" with Sirus? I would just like to have the option to listen to him.

I had XM through my Pioneer in my 94. Money got tight, sold the tuner and am missing it terribly. Hoping to get XM again in my 96 sometime soon. The radio stations out here suck. I am going through rock withdrawals because the only 2 stations that come in out here are pop and country.

I used my buddies XM roadie for six months before going with Sirius.

I will say Sirius is much better in nearly every catagory. Music, sports, talk, news and comedy. I am a foot ball fan so never missing a RAVENS game was the descision maker initially. Any team in the NFL on air live. Sounds good to me :)

I have XM, but I have never listened to Sirius. Squizz is the only station I listen to-which is the alternative/rock/metal station. Here is a picture of my radio.....

Attachments

• carputer 045.jpg
    carputer 045.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 395

dude you just wanted to show off that beautyful instal !!!!!!!!!! ;) :D

I am still impressed :thumbsup:

MONMIX said:
dude you just wanted to show off that beautyful install

Every opportunity I get;)

I signd up to listen to Sirius online free for 10 days and I am not impressed... I guess it is just the kind of music I like. Octane, which plays the music I listen to, mixes in too much almost "pop" music in. They do have a good metal station, but alot of it is too heavy for me. The other rock stations are pretty much IDENTICAL to XMs. I haven't yet tried the comedy stations. And since I am not a fan of Stern, that isn't a selling point for me. I listen to the wake up crew from Rock 103(Memphis) on good ol' FM:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only thing I wish I could do is somehow move the tuner somewhere else..I keep kicking it when I want to get something out the back

Back