anyone hear the story on the firestones? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone hear the story on the firestones?

mightyhead

Reaction score
i live in houston and on the local news there was a special about the firestone atx tires that blow up on the explorers. (i actually had this happen to me and i was very upset, as was my mom and fiance). i missed the story but my mother seems to think that firestone is recalling the tires if they are defective and replacing them. since i missed the story i was hoping someone knew something about this...

i still have 2 firestones on my car, an 2 michelin ltx's... (sweet tires)

any help would be great and i would like to get those old firestones outta here...

I also experienced a blow out at about 80. It pulled out my fender well, and I would like something to come out of this so no one else has this happen. Maybe I can get my fender fixed too. Anyone have any info?

------------------
'91 2 dr Eddie Bauer
modified air box
K&N filter
MUCH MORE TO COME

Check the posting in Tire & Wheels with a topic: "Tire Safety Warning on Firestone". It talk about Firestone with tread separation..... entire layer of the running surface peals off......

I suggest you get rid of that Firestone.

------------------
NY State of Mind

i called firestone and i got $800 after an estimate on the damage that the tire blowout cost me. ripped the left rear part of my fender off. so i suggest you call firestone and if you still have the evidence get your money out of them. i bought mine from firestone so they were very helpful in getting the money from firestone for their crappy tires.

good luck and i hope someone can help me get rid of these timebombs for free...

Back