Anyone TOW with Cobra R Rims? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone TOW with Cobra R Rims?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes. i have towed my 75 bronco (4900lbs bronco, trailer, and all) several times. had no problems. if you think about it, its not gonna hurt. youre only adding the tongue weight to the stress of the wheels, not the entire weight of the trailer.

Yes, I've towed the family boat with it...no problems. Can't wait till we get our new boat with similar wheels on the trailer :bounce:

Shouldn't Hurt to tow things with Cobra R's, I imagine they are similar to regular rims?

I used to have a pic of my X with R's towing my mom's '88 T-Bird on a U-haul tandem axle trailer - but my webserver is down......
Anyways, no problems.

Thanks for the responses. I was just checking because I'm thinking about towing my Mustang. The reason why I asked this question was.... when I decided to install the Cobra R's back in 1999, a lot of companies told me the Cobra R's on an Explorer would cause problems, they are meant on rear wheel drives (not on 4wd), and you can't/shouldn't tow with them. This time I didn't want to be a 1st to tow and then crack a rim.

Server is up now....

3tow.jpg

Back