anyone use oil stabilizer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone use oil stabilizer?

I personally like the lucas. I rebuild cars for a hobby n to make a few $$. My personal vehicles I use 1qt lucas and the rest 4 to 5 qt Upgraded Valvoline and upgraded filter. My 97 f150 has 312k original engine. My 05 Chrysler mini van has 253k all original. I buy it by the gallon and keep on hand for all my vehicles. I think a good filter is better investment that better oils. Someone told me that Demolition Derby Car Owners run straight lucas in their derby cars. I think it helps prevent metal to metal starts and other things. My personal opinion!!

Just use regular engine oil with a new filter, there's absolutely no need for any additive. Change the oil when it needs changed and you will be ahead of the game. Either conventional or synthetic oil is perfectly fine. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, etc.... don't recommend anything except the oil specified for the engine. Some people love Lucas, it's sold by the gallon at every truck stop, Just good advertising and snake oil IMO.

Back