• Register Today It's free!

Arm rests too far away!

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD
Anyone notice that the door and center arm rests are a bit further away than on previous explorers. They are all but useless to me because I have short arms and in order to rest my arms on them I have to lean towards them! Just a MINOR nit pick!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone notice that the door and center arm rests are a bit further away than on previous explorers. They are all but useless to me because I have short arms and in order to rest my arms on them I have to lean towards them! Just a MINOR nit pick!
I noticed it at first, coming from a Highlander. Now I don't really even think about it. I use mainly the centre console arm rest in any case. I'm just over 5'9" down from 5' 101/2" in my younger days. That likely explains my middle.:D

Peter

This was one of the first things I noticed on the test drive. Minor inconvience but still getting use to it. I've always drove vans or motorhome so all my rides had more like captain chairs with arm rests connected to the seats. So I'm still searching for where my arms go. The area seems so wide without having arm rest attached to the seat. I'm sure I'll get use to it but hasn't happened yet.

at 6' 6" i havent noticed ;)

I'm getting used to it, but like others here have said, I miss having armrests attached to the seats. I'm 6'0" and, because I like to have the seat as far up (vertically) as it will go, the center console armrest is too low to be of any use...and the door panel (at the bottom of the window) is too high.

One thing I wish we had was an adjustable-height center console.

cant have your cake and eat it too :p

Just finished a 1500 mile trip to FL for the Winter. Took along a neck roll pillow which is about 12" long and 5-6" in diameter...Used it to place along the arm rest to rest my arm on not my neck...Worked pretty good. Made driving long distances a lot more comfortable..Just tossed it in the back when not using it. Since it worked pretty well I may attach it semi permanently to the door with some velcro. It has a semi firm foam inside a removeable jipper cover. Can be purchased most anywhere they sell pillows....Not very pretty, but it works for long drives.........best regards Plum

It's a big boy truck. I'm 6'7" and 280. Love the room.

At 5'4", I feel like I'm always riding in Business Class! Can't complain there :D

this thread reminds me of these pictures:

trex01-1332443426.jpg

Back