Just picked up my 2012 Limited!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just picked up my 2012 Limited!!!!

sjones0812

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Limited Explorer
Hi, I just swapped out my 2004 Explorer Limited with a 2012 Explorer Limited.

Wow, what a difference...so many extra bells and whistles.

One thing I noticed right away is that the arm rest on the door is too far away :(

Everything else seems awesome.

Other than taking time to adjust the seat and play with sync....what should I focus on.

What would be the wow features to check out.

Here is a picture at the dealership.

425314_10150487087622554_551102553_9187950_375195813_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats. I switched from using the door as an arm rest to using the center console. Just had to get used to right hand instead of left.

Congratulations on the new vehicle, she's a beaut!

Just had to get used to right hand instead of left.

There's a grade school joke in that somewhere.....

Congrats, looks nice. I use the learn as I go, but this forum is the best.

Congrats on new rig!

One thing I noticed right away is that the arm rest on the door is too far away :(

My previous car was Mercury Mountaineer 2004 and I felt same when I got my Ford Explorer 2011. You will find your way to feel comfortable over time, don't worry :)

Hi, I just swapped out my 2004 Explorer Limited with a 2012 Explorer Limited.

Wow, what a difference...so many extra bells and whistles...
Congratulations, sjones0812; thanks for the awesome pic! That color/wheel combo was a good choice. :)

Now all that’s left is getting used to leaning the other direction. ;)

Cory

Thanks for all the compliments on the truck...I real like it.

The Tuxedo Black has multi colored rainbow flakes in the paint...looks great in the sun.

My last Explorer was flat black with chrome wheels....guess I like this combo :)

I have already found that if I bring my left leg up and rest my arm it's close enough to the armrest driving I am used to.

I have to say, I was surprised at how much I like adaptive cruise control. I thought it was going to be a toy I would not use. I drove 250 home with the truck and used it a lot.

Still a huge learning curve on the SYNC

Congrats!!!!!!! I just picked mine up today. Same color same wheels.
Sorry, GABEHCUOD; I missed your post! We’re all expecting pics from you too. :D

...My last Explorer was flat black with chrome wheels....guess I like this combo :)...

I have to say, I was surprised at how much I like adaptive cruise control. I thought it was going to be a toy I would not use. I drove 250 home with the truck and used it a lot...
Why mess with a color combo that’s working for you? :)

It’s amazing how used to the “toys” you get until you say “How did I drive without that?” :eek:

Cory

Back