assembly cable (part numbers)?

teetoo

Reaction score
City, State
New Forest
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 North Face
Hi

My handbrake cable has stretched beyond use and I'm looking to replace (2000, UK RHD). I've come across the following part numbers and can get the parts but have been told I might need to find the second number set instead (based on left or right hand drive) - any clarification from anyone?

Thanks,
Shariff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,

Those are all the right numbers and they are FINIS codes so there is NO 'second set' whatever that means. If they were different between RHD and LHD then they would have different FINIS codes.

HTH

SS

Thanks - was about to buy (3975750 + 4022982) from National Clearance Center and phoned to confirm they were good for my Ex and but was told they were for LHD and I'd need 3861839 + 3952561 instead?

Aaah. I see what you mean by 'second set'! I thought you meant a suffix to the numbers like a US part number or something...

Anyway yes the parts place was right the first two are for LHD and the second two are for RHD.

Sorry for confusion. :confused:

SS

Great, thanks for confirming.

Just had response back from RockAuto - looks like they don't do it. Any ideas where else I might be able to get these parts?

All of the cables listed on that page have the US and Canadian flags in their description, indicating that they were designed for use on the North American Market version of the Ford Explorer. Unfortunately we do not carry a hand brake cable that was designed for use on your European Right hand drive Explorer.

Back