• Register Today It's free!

Aussie locker update

siguaw

Reaction score
City, State
Lynden, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer 2 door
Awhile back I posted about ordering front and rear aussie's for my 94 2 door. Well they arrived about a week ago. I was going to wait until this weekend to install them since our shop is 10 miles up the road.

Well I couldn't wait. My cousin came over and we installed the rear locker in my driveway. All the clearances came right out to what the manual said. Did the click test several times. Put it all back together and the result is one bad arse rear end. I played with it a bit up and down the road and in the driveway. I am super impressed with this little unit. I can't wait to install the front this weekend. Thanks for all the advice you guys have given over the last few months about choosing the locker that is right for me. I think I will be very happy with it. I will try to get some video's on youtube in a few weeks to show the fruits of my labor. AGAIN, THANKS GUYS!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

glad it seems to be working for you!!

i like your style!!:thumbsup:
always got to test your work..
first thing i did saturday when i got the truck back from the driveshaft shop was back it off the trailer, pin it to 5500 rpm and dump the clutch!

Will you be driving the truck on icy--snowy roads over 35mph? Reason I ask, is, a lunchbox locker in front is very interesting on an icy road at speed using 4wd. In fact it is deadly interesting.

Will you be driving the truck on icy--snowy roads over 35mph? Reason I ask, is, a lunchbox locker in front is very interesting on an icy road at speed using 4wd. In fact it is deadly interesting.
thought we covered this with the only lock one hub thing. and if it goes out in the ice and snow it will be to play

first thing i did saturday when i got the truck back from the driveshaft shop was back it off the trailer, pin it to 5500 rpm and dump the clutch!
must be an explorer owner thing

Welcome to the Aussie club:salute:way to test it out:D sure hope I dont have to say...dont test the front like that! Lol

Your love them off road;)

O dont think we cover it in last thread but what gears do you have? And tires?

Awesome video! Now I REALLY want one!

Back