autolumination | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

autolumination

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Link,,,,or something about them?......

They are cheap, fake, hid (so they say) color bulbs,.
Sylvania Silverstars/&or SS Ultra are the best colored bulbs out there.
Get anything else and you get what you pay for.......

i tried the silverstar and they were the worst bulbs i ever used

That site looks reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sketchy to me. Buyer beware. :shifty_ey

Well, you got the best info I got. If Syl. Sil. Strs. dont do it for you then get some real HID bulbs & ballasts. HID kit.
Nothing else is gonna give you more light/color.

Chris uses tacky websites, but he's a great seller. I've got a LOT of stuff from him through the years, including the silver bulbs in my corners right now. They last forever. He also goes by superlumination.com and has a good eBay presence too.

I've known MANY other people who have used them with great success too. He is NOT sketchy.

i would really like to avoid the full HID route due to the fact that the HID kits are not DOT compliant and with me being a technician and a PA state inspection/emissions technician i need to keep the truck as legal as possible and i have experienced with HIDs that they tend to "float" when im driving and that just drives me nuts

That site looks reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sketchy to me. Buyer beware. :shifty_ey

I actually have bought a couple of things from them, nothing major, so I can't say how great their headlights are, but little bulbs, like interior lights and stuff. They are pretty good for that, and their LEDs are nice too.

Sylvania Silverstars/&or SS Ultra are the best colored bulbs out there.

Blue-glass bulbs are never, ever the right choice for optimal safety performance (seeing) from vehicle lamps -- period. It does not matter whether they're branded PIAA and cost $40/bulb or branded Sylvania and cost $40/pair or branded anything else and cost anything else. Blue-tinted glass does not make the light "whiter" or "brighter" in any way, shape, or form. It does not improve anything about the light. All it does is change the appearance of the operating lamp and reduce the beam performance. It's just simple physics, really.

Presently the best bulb is the Philips Xtreme Power. It runs right up against the upper limit of allowable flux for the bulb type, has a very high luminance, compactly-wound filament very precisely focused within the bulb glass, and does not filter the light through blue or other-color glass. That is the recipe for optimal performance out of a bulb.

Blue-glass bulbs are never, ever the right choice for optimal safety performance (seeing) from vehicle lamps -- period. It does not matter whether they're branded PIAA and cost $40/bulb or branded Sylvania and cost $40/pair or branded anything else and cost anything else. Blue-tinted glass does not make the light "whiter" or "brighter" in any way, shape, or form. It does not improve anything about the light. All it does is change the appearance of the operating lamp and reduce the beam performance. It's just simple physics, really.

Presently the best bulb is the Philips Xtreme Power. It runs right up against the upper limit of allowable flux for the bulb type, has a very high luminance, compactly-wound filament very precisely focused within the bulb glass, and does not filter the light through blue or other-color glass. That is the recipe for optimal performance out of a bulb.

Wonderfull....Where can we get some 9007 bulbs?

has anyone used the autolumination headlight bulbs and are they any good and about how long do they last?

i have had good luck with this web site and there bulbs so far, i'm running the diamond yellow allweather in our fog lights. Nice! Yes i do agree with tinted/dark tinted bulbs you loose light,i dont think you get the loss of light with the diamond series. ALSO THE PHILIPS BULBS ARE NICE JUST A LITTLE SPENDY.

I've bought headlight bulbs from them

I didn't order their Autolumination brand but I ordered their Super Vision H7 bulbs which were Phillips for a much better price than Silver Stars.
This operation also offers some of the brightest LEDs I've found. Some of their modules are 1 and 3 watts units and are way brighter than trendy Ebay stuff that are being sold as tail and brake light replacements.

so, would you recomend them or what?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back