Auxiliary shaft bearings | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Auxiliary shaft bearings

raff

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer
Anybody install auxiliary shaft (jackshaft) bearings with the engine still installed (and trans removed, of course)?? Are the front and rear bearings different on a 2002 4.0 sohc?

Ryan500horse2010

Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer 4.0
I’m at the same place with the engine out. Debating the new bearings wouldn’t push them out if they were on the end of a shaft and hammered out and in at the same time but it might bend them. I was quoted 50$ at the machine shop but then I would have to load the whole block up and take it to them. The book says to take it to the shop but even the book doesn’t have everything. I would like to know the answer too. Mine aren’t that bad I might just run them for awhile.