• Register Today It's free!

auxillary mp3 player question

epmtb

Reaction score
City, State
huntington, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
i need an aux input for my in dash 6 cd changer in my 4 door xlt 04 explorer - i'm dying to play my iRiver mp3 player as a direct input instead of via fm modulator - apparently no aux adaptor exists yet - pac audio is working on one "the aux-box" - but has been very slow and i'd like to find out what other companies might have made one. they say that the adaptors or whatever in the back of the 04 radios are different than older models so this aux box must be newly developed for these radios. any help would be fantastic. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should have got an ipod, alpine is coming out with hu's that can control them directly :)

I can't wait :p

But you could probably search at places like cardomain, crutchfield, or just on google and maybe find something. Try calling a local shop and though they probably don't carry something like that, one of the guys there may know where you can get one.

I would say wait until you can get a new Head Unit with built in AUX-in because most of the adapters I have seen cost like 80 bucks, you might as well upgrade the HU.

For now though do what I do with my Ipod and use a cassette adapter. They're like 10-20 bucks and work pretty well.

Even then he has a fm modulator so he could keep using that. Bout the same as a cassete thing.

But unless you are trying to preserve the changer, might as well upgrade the hu.

Same issue, slightly different for me.

I have an 04 Explorer XLT, but mine came with the "premium" single dash CD Radio... I've read on a few boards that you can buy an adapter from places like pie.net; but they all say good up until 2003... I'm trying to hook up a Sirius Plus & Play unit... The wireless reception is so sh**y that I'm trying to find anything that works.

I have an Alpine cda-9830 & it has an aux-input. ($300) Have you looked into these?

Back