• Register Today It's free!

Awaiting shipment NO MORE!!

gabella

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited
Got a call yesterday that my Ex is in! She was built 3/7 and has missed two eta's so far, and earlier this week she was simply "awaiting shipment" with no eta. Sadly, I can't pick her up until Monday, but she's waiting for me. Yippee!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations!

Remember that Monday is the last day for current incentives.

I've been watching the calendar holding my breath. But, I'm not cutting my spring break short to get the car.

Bragger..........

:cool:

Congrats Gabella, it took long enough since you're so close to the plant! Now if mine would just get shipped, I'd be a happy camper! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your spring break, nice thing to look forward to on Monday! :thumbsup:

Bragger..........

:cool:

Heh. I don't mean to brag... I'm just so very happy. :) kind of bummed I'm too far away to get it today.

Rnmomx2 - I hope yours suddenly shows like mine did. But, in time for your roadtrip!

Congrats!
Hope you'll stop back to tell us all about your new X!

did you end up ordering the FWD or the AWD?

I went with FWD because it was dealer stock I did not want the long waiting time. After two weeks of having the car, there is not a day that goes by without me thinking if I should have gone with the AWD or not:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I got to pick my new Ex up today! She's really pretty. I haven't been able to drive her much, of course, so I don't have a lot of impressions yet. Interestingly, a few things didn't work the first time I tried them. It's almost like the car hadn't really woken up yet. But, everything worked on the second attempt and have continued to do so. My phone paired right up, thankfully. I will agree that the auto headlights come on too late. It's not a big deal for me, as I'm used to manually turning on my lights, but it would be nice if the auto lights worked a bit earlier. Especially given the price paid (disclaimer, I got X-plan, plus the $1,000 rebate, plus the $750 brochure -- a few of the other offers I qualified for could not be bundled together with those. Oh, and my $750 Ford gc was really a $750 REI gift card and I took the offer with cash off the car instead).

I'm going to stop rambling, get children to bed and start studying the manual!

did you end up ordering the FWD or the AWD?

I went with FWD because it was dealer stock I did not want the long waiting time. After two weeks of having the car, there is not a day that goes by without me thinking if I should have gone with the AWD or not:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I changed my order from a FWD to AWD after a lot of second-thoughts. BUT, I don't know it's necessary for me. I probably should have stuck with the FWD for the gas mileage, especially since 2 of my 3 cars have been FWD and I've never had problems getting around. I only spent 2 years driving my husband's '95 Ex.

I really wouldn't beat yourself up. Especially now the decisions made! Too much good energy is being lost. :) Buy yourself really good winter tires (if you need them) and you'll be good to go. I promise.

Back