• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

IslandFamily

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Sterling Gray Limited
I feel like there's so many of us that are stuck in this ugly "awaiting shipment" limbo. How many people actually have their cars? Why is this such an issue? I know my car was built on 3/15, I just don't know why Ford isn't moving these cars?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who is? Everyone that ordered one.

I got mine. Mine was only awaiting shipping for a couple days and I think that's because it was shipped by truck and not train. Mine was in my garage within a week of being built (built and synced 2/24, delivered 3/3). I read somewhere that it's the rail company that is causing the problem with their backlog.

I got mine. Mine was only awaiting shipping for a couple days and I think that's because it was shipped by truck and not train. Mine was in my garage within a week of being built (built and synced 2/24, delivered 3/3). I read somewhere that it's the rail company that is causing the problem with their backlog.

I hope you are right for my sake (sorry to the rail customers), mine is coming my truck, (14 hour trip) so hopefully mine gets delivered this week.

Mine was built Feb 9. Still "awaiting shipment". It is a Limited with 302a package and tow package and 20" wheels. Hope to see it before Xmas. Ford is losing lots of points with me. They won't give you an honest answer. What's the point in lying?

Mine built 3-17, still awaiting shipment

i would think mine would be truck - in columbus ohio - thats not far enough for a rail is it?

I hope you are right for my sake (sorry to the rail customers), mine is coming my truck, (14 hour trip) so hopefully mine gets delivered this week.

where is yours headed?

i would think mine would be truck - in columbus ohio - thats not far enough for a rail is it?

where is yours headed?

Heading to New Hampshire.. no rail comes up this way.. it's always by truck.

You can tell on your window sticker.. Bottom left above the bar code, it says "Method of Transp" and below will say how.. whether rail, or like mine, says "convoy".

I just bought mine 3/26, a Bordeaux Red XLT. They told me about 10 weeks...ugggh!

Mine was built last week so I am waiting shipment.

You can tell on your window sticker.. Bottom left above the bar code, it says "Method of Transp" and below will say how.. whether rail, or like mine, says "convoy".
Mine also said 'Convoy' but it went by rail to Toronto and then by transport to the Ottawa area. The salesman said all his orders come from the factory by rail then by transport, so that word 'Convoy' doesn't necessarily mean that it is leaving on a transport truck. BTW, mine came off the assembly line on Feb. 24th, sat at the Markham IL train yard for a few days and then was loaded on a rail car. It was delivered to the dealer on March 11th.

Mine also said 'Convoy' but it went by rail to Toronto and then by transport to the Ottawa area. The salesman said all his orders come from the factory by rail then by transport, so that word 'Convoy' doesn't necessarily mean that it is leaving on a transport truck. BTW, mine came off the assembly line on Feb. 24th, sat at the Markham IL train yard for a few days and then was loaded on a rail car. It was delivered to the dealer on March 11th.

interesting, I wonder why some say "rail" then.

Ordered November 1st
Built 3/3
Still says awaiting shipment
sticker says convoy
5 hour drive from Chicago

Not happy

Mine says "Convoy" on the window sticker but is indeed coming by rail. The only time it is convoy is the last 25 miles to the dealership for me. Ford was able to tell me what train company even... "Norfolk Rail" and what dock it was on awaiting shipment. Supposedly as of Friday it was "in transit" to So Cali so hopefully things are moving for everyone finally.

Mine was built 3/7. Awaiting shipment. Have missed 2 eta's. My dealer is ~40 miles away from Chicago assembly. So, I'm definitely convoy.

Well, I'm in So. Cal too so hopefully mine is in transit too! Will call on Monday to see if anyone can give me an update!

Mine says "Convoy" on the window sticker but is indeed coming by rail. The only time it is convoy is the last 25 miles to the dealership for me. Ford was able to tell me what train company even... "Norfolk Rail" and what dock it was on awaiting shipment. Supposedly as of Friday it was "in transit" to So Cali so hopefully things are moving for everyone finally.

What number do I call

I ordered mine Jan 4 and it was built 3/17........the dealer said I should get it next week. What number other than my dealer do I call to find out more info........my dealer really has been no help.

Thanks.

I ordered mine Jan 4 and it was built 3/17........the dealer said I should get it next week. What number other than my dealer do I call to find out more info........my dealer really has been no help.

Thanks.

Ford Customer Service

1-800-392-3673

have to hit a few numbers to get a rep under "all other inquiries"

How is the best way to check shipping status? The last vehicle I ordered in 1999, I thought there is a web site to verify status. If so, what is the Web site?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We ordered in January, it was built 2/24 with an eta of 3/7, then 3/14, then 3/21, then they told us it arrived at the dealership on the 25th, except when we got there to pick it up they said "sorry, not yours, just one that looks like it". Ugh, my wife eyes were shooting red hot razor blades.... What a weekend after that.....

Back