Who is "awaiting shipment?" | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

Per Seni it is in production now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered on 2/28 and the vehicle was produced on 3/24 and was in transit the same day. According to Ford customer service, the vehicle is in Salem, Illinois and heading my way with a due date of 4/6. Getting close!

You are incredibly lucky to have shipped so quickly. Mine hase been setting at the factory "awaiting shipping" for 2 weeks (3-17 build). Yours will probably go right through my hometown of OKC on its way to Texas! Hard to figure the Ford shipping system.

You are incredibly lucky to have shipped so quickly. Mine hase been setting at the factory "awaiting shipping" for 2 weeks (3-17 build). Yours will probably go right through my hometown of OKC on its way to Texas! Hard to figure the Ford shipping system.

It is hard to figure out.. I can only assume that Ford also waits untili they have several vehicles to deliver to the same dealership so one vehicle could stay longer at the plant then another based on how many are being delivered.. coordinating them meeting up together and being loaded on the truck etc.

I'm pretty sure Ford wouldn't ship just one vehicle to a dealer at a time.

Just something I had thought about.

Mine was built 2/18-2/24 timeframe & is still 'awaiting shipment'.............

I ordered from a friend of mine who is the GM for the dealership. He told me he would do what he could to bump my priority, but I told him that wasn't necessary and to just put me in line. Perhaps he did put a higher priority status after all?

My dealer has mentioned that they are trying to work with a Ford Rep to speed up the process. They are also being affected, as my trade keeps getting higher miles on it.

The last ones they received were Fleet units.

My 2011 Explorer LTD:
Ordered - 2/10/11
Built - 3/15/11
1st ETA 3/23/11 - missed.
Have no further estimated dates.
Msg from dealer indicated "There are over 7,000 Explorer's on a stop ship."

2/4/11 update - mine came in 2/2/11; picked it up today. Looks great!

Last edited:

Was able to print out the window sticker yesterday.

Dealer says that it is scheduled to be shipped April 4th. We are only 2.5 hours away from downtown Chicago so I'm guessing it will be by truck.

I am having a minor problem with the $750.00 rebate. At first I was unable to open the link. Now I can, and it only has my first name, no last name and no address. Is that normal? It does have my customer ID number. I have contacted Seni.

I hope you received my PM alright. Let me know if you didn't or have further questions. Thank you.

~Seni

Add me too. Ordered on 2/23, built and, according a PM from Seni yesterday, with an ETA of 3/28. I'll check back with her again next week.

Please check your inbox. I have sent you an email. Have a great week!

~Seni

Mine was built 2/18-2/24 timeframe & is still 'awaiting shipment'.............

Same story here. Built 2/24, original ETA was 3/1, and since then it has been awaiting shipment. We were told there are 9,000 backed up. If this were the whole story then it seems odd that there are ones built later & already being delivered.

Ordered 1/28, built 3/29, sync 3/30. called today & my kona blue XLT is "in transit", with a delivery period of 4/8-4/15.

Order 01/27 built/sync 03/24 ETA 03/30 still awaiting shipment......

Order 2/23, built 3/24, no ETA.

I don't know the date mine was built, but the dealer told me that it is sitting in Chicago waiting to be shipped. He said there was a shortage of rail cars. Shortage of rail cars? Where did they go? Are the missing? I would think they would be pretty easy to find...just follow the tracks!

Same story here. Built 2/24, original ETA was 3/1, and since then it has been awaiting shipment. We were told there are 9,000 backed up. If this were the whole story then it seems odd that there are ones built later & already being delivered.

I'm guessing mine is either # 8999 or 9000, because (as far as I know) it's still awaiting shipment and my Sync is showing as V2.4.

Ordered 2/14, Built 3/25, Sync'd 3/26. ETA 4/8 but I have no idea if it's actually in transit or just hangin' out with all the others at the factory.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i feel slow how do you find out your build date

Back