axle narrowing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

axle narrowing

jackitup10

Reaction score
City, State
north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
im considering a sas in my ex and was reading all these threads and was wondering how much is it to get an axle narrowed and where do you get something like that done?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how do you do it

It depends on the axle, but basically knock the inner knuckle out (or "C") and slice away.
I dont mean to be mean or anything, but it really sounds like you need to do more reading on this whole SAS thing. Read a couple of the SAS threads on here, and also browse TheRangerStation and Pirate. It'll take you a couple of days to understand everything but everyone has to do research in order to do an SAS properly.

im considering a sas in my ex and was reading all these threads and was wondering how much is it to get an axle narrowed and where do you get something like that done?

IMO first thing to do is figure out what axle is right for truck, then how much to narrow it, keep the $$ factor in mind, like are you going to be able to use off the shelf axle shafts or need $$ custom shafts made, also keep in mind the little things, brakes, gearing, lockers/carriers, hubs, steering to name a few

There are ALOT of sas swaps done on here already, Read! Look around, from what I can recall I think just about ever possible sas has been done around here, except a mono-beam sas :p:

It depends on the axle, but basically knock the inner knuckle out (or "C") and slice away.
I dont mean to be mean or anything, but it really sounds like you need to do more reading on this whole SAS thing. Read a couple of the SAS threads on here, and also browse TheRangerStation and Pirate. It'll take you a couple of days to understand everything but everyone has to do research in order to do an SAS properly.

Hey man everyone has to start somewhere.

Hey man everyone has to start somewhere.
Way to bump up a 3½ year old post dude :rolleyes:

He gave him some great places to start.
A SAS is not something to be taken lightly, it's a huge undertaking.

I will bump this back to the top again.

I searched this forum, pirate, rangerstation, pavement sucks, keystone krawlers, demon4x4, and ranger-forum ( Just to name a few :D ) for all my solid axle information needs. I didn't need to ask a single question so far. A simple question like :

how do you do it

Is answered in hundreds of threads accessible by the search function.

Just sayin'! ;)

Back