B2300 2.3 liter 4cyl- Routine cooant system maintenance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2300 2.3 liter 4cyl- Routine cooant system maintenance

Jack Bat

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Mazda B2300 truck
For anyone who is interested and had trouble w/ routine cooling system maintenance, as I did: the thermostat to the Mazda B2300 2.3L 4cyl engine is on the drivers side of the engine, at about the same level as the radiator fan shaft- it's w/in a black plastic housing, and has a smaller hose connected to it in addition to the large radiator hose. The thermostat is incorporated into the thermostat housing. Just follow the lower radiator hose from the radiator to the engine to find it. Also...for some reason, the upper radiator hose on this vehicle isn't often replaced- I had to go to the dealer to get it, and the guy at the parts counter told me owners rarely have it replaced- " We seldom move that item ". So I left the original on my truck. Of course, there is no fill tube on the radiator itself- coolant / distilled water is added through the reservoir. Also, there is a plastic shroud covering the bottom of the radiator- held by 4 large machine screws- must remove it to drain the radiator.
I haven't worked on cars since maybe 2002- new ball game.

..Thanks for sharing.. :biggthump

..any pictures to go with the story?

Back