Back seat space

bigmikesX

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma WA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
I am wondering if I could mowe the back seat back some for more leg room
I know that the floor is higher behind the seat but could I notch out 6" and mive the seat back
I have also been thinking of putting buckets in the rear with a center console like the front.

if you did soem surgery to the bottom of the seat/ditched the folding function this wouldn't be very hard to do.

i used to have rear buckets- now only run front seats. you could locate the rear buckets such that you'd have decent leg room as well with proper brackets (but once again no folding).

why do you really need more space back there? this is one of those things that will take a bit of work/time and that may represent time you cudl be spending doing a more significant modification (talking about the moving the stock seat idea)

-drew

Well I take my friends on long drives alot to go camping or other things, and im 6'3" so my seat is back all the way and there is a tight fit for them in the back.
I dont realy need the room but it would be more comfortable for them.
And on the modifications later this month I am going to put a entertament system in
I havent exactly figured it out yet but im thinking of putting a dvd player in the dash than put a ps2 under the back seat
than eather put 1 17" lcd or 2 12" lcd's in the back
I havent decided if I want to put some sunviser monitors or remove the passanger airbag and put a 10" or 12" monitor there haven looked into how to take out that airbag and have the drivers still work.
there are other thing that will come later like 20" rims, tt lower,retint the windows black, clear lights in front.
sofar I have put a new radio with 2 12" subs in the back, a billet grill, and taken off the rack.
had to pay for the explorer only have had it for a year

Back