sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Finally got around to the rear bucket seat install. Since I won't be folding the seats down to haul stuff in the back of the Explorer anymore.. I figured now was as good a time as any. :cool:

Pics:

Attachments

• done1.jpg
    done1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 961
  • done2.jpg
    done2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 947
  • done3.jpg
    done3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 964

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More pics in the daylight! :D

Attachments

• done4.jpg
    done4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,400
  • done5.jpg
    done5.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,406

Here are a couple pics of the brackets. I'll get some better ones tomorrow. But you get the basic idea.

I reused all the stock mounting points, so I could go back to stock if I ever wanted.

Attachments

• brkt2.jpg
    brkt2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 957
  • brkt1.jpg
    brkt1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 948
  • brkt3.jpg
    brkt3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 935

Looks good. I love mine! You did your brackets similar to mine. Although yours look muuuch better!

I had your thread open allllll day. :D

I probably spent two hours this morning just staring back there trying to figure out how this was going to work. It's tricky to keep the seats low, but still make them removable.

Yours looks pimp with the new Taurus seats though! :cool:

friggin sick man hahaha
You need another console! What console is that up front?? Are all 4 seats same year, same color, say the same thing, and powered?

Nice work, you can give tours now! hahaha

How did you mount the rear bar to the truck?

It's tricky to keep the seats low, but still make them removable.

Mine sit about the same height in the back as yours. Just curious, how did you make them removable?

The Taurus seats don't tilt as far forward as the Explorer seats, so using my truck to hall anything is impossible.

Explorer seats also worked out nicely due to how their frame is configured. Taurus's were a pain!

You should make those brackets and sell them, I know I might buy some if I could find a good set of seats.

thinkin about doin this myself, gonna start lookin around here for a set of buckets, atleast i got an idea of what the brackets look like. thanks bud :D

I like to keep my availibility to fold my seats flat for a mobile shaggin waggon.

Other than that they look dope.

Okay, I may finally get around to finishing this project this week. I still need to paint the brackets, adjust the carpet, and add the side plastics back to the sides of the seats.

Why the motivation? :D Out of the blue it poured rain last night. I had my sunroof open. :bsnicker: :( So I had to tear everything out today and let it sit in the sun.

I might as well keep it out till the NorCal Cage Building Party. :salute:

Attachments

• gutted_1.jpg
    gutted_1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 743
  • gutted_2.jpg
    gutted_2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 748

I'll do a better 'how-to' upon reinstallation. :cool:

Oh thats what i have been needing. I have my rear buckets ready but i have not had the time to design some brackets for the rear seats. Now i can do it fast.

I'll do a better 'how-to' upon reinstallation. :cool:

You may motivate me to fab up some more factory-like brackets. Need to design new ones anyway. I'm not happy with the adaption to the Taurus seats.

You may motivate me to fab up some more factory-like brackets. Need to design new ones anyway. I'm not happy with the adaption to the Taurus seats.

I'll get some better pics of mine if you get some better pics of yours. :p:

Since you are getting more pic could you get one of how the seat bolts to the main bar on the rear of the seat.

I'll get some better pics of mine if you get some better pics of yours. :p:

I can work on that next weekend :p

I'll have a lot of free time waiting for the resin/paint to dry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

seen this, and just ahd to talk about it! i want it! haha! as simple as that, got a bud that can fab up some new brakets, now i can sorta see how you got the two front bars, but that rear one seems awful tricky! some pics of the bottom of the seats and some of how to mount the back of em would rock! and have you thought about adding the center console/seat in there??? like the single cab f-150 have had! i t hought about it! and thought it would be nice, so you would still be able to carry same amount of passengers! i would have to, cause mines a dayly driver!
well thankls for this post! looks amazing!
Godbless TJ

Back