Back up camera lines are always curved... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back up camera lines are always curved...

ablue69

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Back up camera lines are always curved on my 2004 Explorer Sport. I replaced the camera awhile back and all was good, now the two white lines that show where you will be going are already curved even with steering wheel straight! How can I access the menu to turn that feature off? I bought this a few months ago and being 67 years old I can't tell from the manual how to get to the menu for this feature. Any help appreciated.

picture shown is with steering wheel straight

weirdmedium.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sensor for turning may be out of adjustment. Have you tried slightly turning the wheel l/r to see if the lines go straight to find out? I would guess you have but not sure.

Yes, turning steering wheel makes no difference, it's like it's locked up. The camera view does change, just the white lines stay the same.

I'm thinking the Steering Rate Sensor (aka Steering Angle Sensor, Steering Position Sensor) data is not being recognized by the camera system. This could mean the sensor is inop or the camera system has a problem. The sensors main job is reporting to the Advance Trac system so I think you'd want to look for codes using something like ForScan Lite and if no codes that would be germaine to the issue are present then you could probably assume it's an internal failure of the camera system. If so, there's probably companies that could repair it but you'd need the info off the radio tags which would mean removing the thing in order to see so you could start searching with that information.

Appreciate the help. I actually put this question in wrong place and have since moved it to (correct) 2014 Forum.

Need to just close this thread out I suppose.

fyi, your original question was asking about a 2004 Ex sport.

Back