battery cables listed as w/o message center verses w message center | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

battery cables listed as w/o message center verses w message center

sehaare

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98XLT 4WD SOHC,94XLT gone
Ok a long shot here, I want to replace the battery cables on the 98 SOHC when I get back from my current business trip. I thought that I'd order them on line and have the waiting when I got home. But everywhere they are listed they are for an explorer WITH a message center, my explorer doesn't have one. Does any one know the difference between the two cables and can the cable for "with a message center" be used for an explorer without a message center?

I can guess that it might just have an additional connection that is not needed for a car without the message center but without a picture of the two cables and not being able to go look at the car I can't be sure.

Thanks

Cut your own wiring if you have any knowledge of it.
Use a nice 4 gauge wire and cut it to the proper length. No point in replacing it with the cheap thin wire Ford uses.

Just my 2 cents..

Cut your own wiring if you have any knowledge of it.
Use a nice 4 gauge wire and cut it to the proper length. No point in replacing it with the cheap thin wire Ford uses.

Just my 2 cents..

I might end up going that route but I've never been a fan of the do it yourself connectors that you have to put on. any that I have see let in to much moisture and become the weak link.

Back