BBK Supercharger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BBK Supercharger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best bet would be to get the chip last. That way you can tell them all the mods you've made, and they can custom tailor the program the chip for these mods to really get the most out of them.

Motorcraft AGSF12FM1 spark plugs with a gap of .038-.042 , which they should come pre-gapped but always check them. If the kit doesn't come with a inline pump you'll need to step up to one. Your stock pump isn't gonna last long with the new demands your gonna put on it. Other then that basically READ the instructions on installation and also very carefully about the FMU/FPR set up procedures. If you need any help with any of it I'm sure you'll find it on these forums.

Later Doug904.

You don't need another chip because I'm assuming you also got the BBK computer with the adjustable timing.

Doug is right that you'll need a new fuel pump. Instead of getting an inline helper pump I decided to go with a new high flow in tank pump. You will also want new spark plugs. I use Motorcraft plugs gapped to .048, but one heat range cooler than stock. I just use Motorcraft plug wires.

You'll also want a good aftermarket air filter and good exhaust. For exhaust, you at least need a new catback setup; but a full system would be better: headers, high flow cat, wide open muffler, and 2.5" tailpipe. I also have 2 inline resonators in my exhaust system to keep the bumble-bee noise away.

You'll also want the BBK 66mm throttle body and a larger MAS (Mass airflow sensor).

Good luck and welcome to the club! I have many threads on my supercharger install and experiences in the Need for Speed forum. In fact, I'll move this there.

Thanks guys for the help. I ordered the BBK MAS and TB today. Will began to put money away for the exhaust. Now how about the fuel pump, what would you recommend, brand, specs, etc.?

And Alec, did you purchase the heads?

Eric

I have a pump from a Lightning from Ford.

And yes. Hope to install them this summer.

One thing that I am not sure on, I did not see it in the directions, the fuel pressure regulator that comes with the BBK replaces the stock FPR or works with it? Thanks again for all the help.

Eric

The FMU works with the stock FPR.

Here's a link to a instruction manual on how to set up the FMU/FPR with the BBK kit. I personally love it so much that I bought one of these to use with my Vortech kit so that I don't have to change discs when I upgraded my injector sizes. Let me know if you need any other help.

Later Doug904.

Cartech FMU set-up

Back