beating a dead horse(lift options) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

beating a dead horse(lift options)

jojo51592

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 E.B.
Like the title says, I know that lifts have been covered numerous times. However I had emailed btf about a year ago and never got a reply, still want to do a lift so I am thinking about the 1.5 body. I just want to see if btf is still an option and to see any other options available, and get a little more input before I make a decision

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rancho quicklifts seem to be a pretty popular alternative but I've heard they sag over time.

The website is still up and running for BTF... I would try calling during the day. That was how I got ahold of him when I got my lift and control arms.

Spacers available on eBay all day long.

Rancho quicklifts seem to be a pretty popular alternative but I've heard they sag over time.

I have those front and rear, they are pretty nice. Came with adjustable damping shocks too. Nice handling on the country roads around here. I they don't seem to have settled beyond the initial 1/4", I have been running them about a year, ten thousand miles or so.

thanks doom, very helpful. i am thinking about doing the ranchos, now i just have to find somewhere to order them from with a reasonable price. also around how much lift did you get out of them?

I got 2" of lift. That's not a lot, but as Rancho states, these keep the CV and ball joint angles within acceptable limits. Be advised you will need camber kits for the rear, and an alignment. You may also need camber kits for the front.
PS: And I got a $126.00 rebate!

I got mine on Amazon.

Thanks! Thats the main reason I am looking at using those over the spacers as I dont want to stress the cv and ball joints more than I need to, nor do I have the etra money right now to buy the spacers and the new arms. Did I look it up correctly that the rears are 2 different part numbers?

Yes they are different part numbers, three different ones to do all four corners.

Rears are side specific due to angles of the mounts and adjuster knobs. When I ordered mine the top mounts were not set to match the mounting holes so rancho overnighted me a new one and the only way I could install them is if I put the adjuster knob facing in towards the control arm. Fronts are kind of a bear to get in if you don't jack up the front enough and disconnect everything. I advise using ratcheting wrenches for the top mounts on the rear since they will make it so much easier.

Back