Best Cold Air Intake | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Cold Air Intake

Interesting that we both chose to use the Volant box but not the rest of the kit!

I had the kit installed "as is" on my old '00 Sport with SOHC V6. I scored the setup brand new from an EF member.

When I got the 5.0, I didn't want to give up on the Volant kit (since they don't sell one for the 5.0), so I tweaked it accordingly. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i used a jlt cold air off of a wrecked 98 mustang gt. the bend was almost perfect just needed slight cutting. however undoubtedly the 4.6 in the mustang will take more air. i used a 70mm mass air dfrom c&l and a 70mm bbk tb that was off a 93 mustang gt. had to do some fab work on it. but my ex didnt respond the way i thought it would or at least the way a mustang would. i lost 3mpg according to my center console and torque suffered. soooooo. now i am using the factory stuff till i can figure this out. maybe i needed a tune dont know

The cai filters from mac doesnt have the hole for the hose coming from the crankcase cover were the oil goes in. Is there another cai thqt i can get that is legal in california

Volant and K&N are both CA legal. Make sure you get the EO# and keep your receipts just in case.

Back