• Register Today It's free!

Best Wing next to Saleen?

Makahveli

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport and AMG 300CE
O.K. you guys we forever talk about Saleen Wings but whats the chances we will all have to get one? Or have the money to match whatever it'll be on EBAY? And it seems to me like the Idea that John V. had was scrapped. So now I wanna know what's the best (sporty) looking wing out there for the explorers? Customly fabbed up or direct bolt-on, just other than the saleen wing. If there is one out there close to the Saleen wing that's what we all wanna see. SO post pics and opinions please. :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the only thing available is the lund windjammer or the factory wings that ford has available. look on ebay and you will find some of the oem type wings. some of the members on the board might be working on something, but nothing definate i believe

for the money i think the lund windjammer looks awesome, and as an added bonus it actually works at keeping the rear window clean :)

yeah i would go wiht the Lund windjammer. I am going to be trying to fit an x-terra wing on the back which looks like a saleen wing and if its not too much modificaion i would probibly mass produce.

Originally posted by EliteConcept
...and as an added bonus it actually works at keeping the rear window clean :)
Mine didn't...

Attachments

• winter02.jpg
    winter02.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,009

its not magic ;) and can't keep the nasty winter road stuff off the window :)
in the spring/summer i bet you really notice the clean rear window

Originally posted by EliteConcept
its not magic ;) and can't keep the nasty winter road stuff off the window :)
in the spring/summer i bet you really notice the clean rear window

Mine doesn't do much either.

saleen?? what does the saleen look like / how much..ps bear with me im a new owner and new to the forum...

i like the ford one..but i may go with a lund wind jammer

Go for the Windjammer. Looks awsome! Functional too!

9765Picture_1.jpg

Originally posted by 99-5.0explorer
saleen?? what does the saleen look like / how much..ps bear with me im a new owner and new to the forum...
Saleen wings aren't really available anymore. Pretty much impossible to get now-a-days unless you're lucky enough to see one on ebay or something and are willing to pay somewhere between $500 and $1000 for it.

Here's a few pics from Tommy98016's gallery of what the wing looks like.
16605dside.jpg

16605wing.jpg

hey guys the saleen is there any body that could give me pictures/specs etc... or site where i could order some body parts.. like there bubmpers

You can't. They dont make them anymore.

hey guys the saleen is there any body that could give me pictures/specs etc... or site where i could order some body parts.. like there bubmpers

If you find a place, let us know :p ;)

I drove by a Kia place yesterday - turned in and looked at the Outback and Sedona wings. Went home and ordered the Sedona wing, so I guess we'll see how well it turns out after a little cuttin'...

oic does any one have any pictures of there saleen?? that they could send me??

oic does any one have any pictures of there saleen?? that they could send me??

Where do you want it sent ?

if ur putting a wing on ur car u are on crack..u are putting a spoiler..spoiler does not provide lift a wing does..

FAS96LT1@yahoo.com please.. also what is the diff. between mine and the saleen?? power/interior/suspen/ etc...are there any big differents.. thanks mike jr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

99-5.0explorer you got mail

Back