bestbuy....

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
ahhh ok where to start ? well last night I blew one of my rear speakers and this morninging when I went to take them out to exchange them i noticed no sound from all 4 speakers. I checked all my wiring in the dash and doors and still nothing, so I bring the radio back to exchange it and with some arguing with them not to service it but to give me a new one they agreed got it back in and vola we have sound.

Still have a blown out rear speaker so I have the guy in the install bay(manager) listen to it he said sounds like a HU prob not the speakers so I said it sounds blown to me he said well if you want to swap them go ahead but im telling you its not the speaker so I do so and once again bingo! perfect sound I wanted to ask him how he managed to become manager of audio install if you dont know a blown speaker when you hear it but I was nice about it. sooo
New pioneer 7600=$0.00
new pioneer 6x8 4 ways= $0.00 :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used to work at bestbuy and NOT ALL buy most car-fi guys were IDIOTS, didn't know up from down in there department, complete morons, not to mention one narked me out for letting a friend use my discount :fire: alright I'm done :D

What does a blown speaker sound like? I may have a couple of those from the previous owner. Everything sounds slightly gurgled, like phlegm in the throat.

yeah that could very well be blown does it sound like there is way to much bass even at lot volumes(so much it distorts it) ? and the tweeter might also make some funky crackaling ,popping noises.(in after market speakers with real tweeters not the paper cone and plastic dome tweeters)

Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy, can never be said enough.

My wife had a remote start/locks put on her Chickfire at circuit city . Man did they fudge it up big time . Works half the time And interferes with everything they tapped into . I had to completely redo it myself . This of coarsewas after we took it to them numerous times and they acknowledged something wasnt right but could not fix it ! So after I let them know how dumb and dangerous they were . I went home and fixed it myself . Those in-store installation shops are a joke . Either do it yourself or find a friend or someone else you know to do it . Personally My motto is My car , my money , my hands , no one elses ! Less of a chance for screw ups and you can only blame yourself !

see but if i didnt buy this stuff at bestbuy id be out of a radio for amonth while I send mine back for repair or be out of a new radio and have to buy another one, and I would be out a pair of speakers. so for me its worth the stupidity of there workers and just to clear up I do my own install not them after they did my first one 2 years ago and they screwed up that was it.

I never said not to buy it there , Just dont let them install it .

sorry that was more aimed at huskyfan it was funny but im just explaining my reason for getting them there.

I understand that. I just don't see why people spend retail when they can get it cheaper online with a warranty, and BB employees are less knowledgeable than Circuit City.

im not disagreeing with you but when you buy online you have to ship them out before you get your new ones there for having a week atleast turn around time with no radio and or speakers. so I figure buy the 40$ radio waranty and if anything happens its replaced within hours, and 20$ for speakers and at 99$ a set of speakers and 40$ for a radio that cost 300$ 60$ is better then waiting weeks or having to go out and buy new anyway.

Back