BFG 31 x 10.50-15 Users Only! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG 31 x 10.50-15 Users Only!

Hey, guys, just a quick question. What pressure are you running on your BFG 31 x 10.50-15 All Terrain KO's. I am on my fourth set and I have always run 32-33 psi, all around. I haven't the proficiency to do the chalk test, so I am just wondering what the general consensus is on your tire pressures. I have a 2000 XLT 4x4 with the SOHC engine. Please let me know. Thanks!

doug

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, but I've never run 31 x 10.50's. I've run 30x9.50's and 32 x 11.50's. I ran 32 psi in my 30's and 35-37 in my 32's. Rim width matters too, so its not an exact figure. I would say anywhere from 32-35 would be fine, more psi usually gets you better gas milage, and the front should usually be a little higher pressure than the rear.

32 normally, just bumped to 38 for testing (mileage/wear).

On my Ranger I was running about 35 psi front (should be similar to the Ex), and around 38 rear.

Use to run mine at max. although may want to run lower as they get older. Those tires are known for getting ruff at tords the end of there life.

I run 38PSI cold. When hot it's gets to about 42PSI. This is on a 94 though, & not stock rims.

I run mine at 32 PSI and have almost 37K on them and will probably get another set soon. This is 95% highway driving and rotate every 10k or so.

I ran 35 psi in mine on my BroncoII.

I ran 32-35 psi in my AT/ko's when I had them on my '01 XLS

On our '92 we ran 31x10.50 BFG AT/KO's on 8" rims and we ran 32-35psi. I ran a little higher in the rear since we have a rear locker and got less locker wiggle with a little more air in the rear tires.

~Mark

Back