BIG Race coming up | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BIG Race coming up

well we all know Troll drive his truck every day to work and it is a sleep capable of destroying many fast sports cars. well we just ran in to a 4x4 99 Toyota Tacoma with twin turbos and a build motor that wants to race us. it makes a ton of power and is 4X4 and runs great and is a true Sleeper with stock tires and stock ride hight. it will be a great battle of the sleeper trucks in miami. we will let you guys know how it comes out. yes we are bring race gas and slicks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how bout 4ths =)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

so if you rent the track, you will be able to get the actual 1/4 mile time (instead of hitting the brakes for half of it ;) ), right? i think everyone is wondering what the Troll would run if you accelerate the whole time (and maybe even with some N20). good luck. i hope this race actually happens

Are there any guesses or ideas of when this race might take place?

And have you actually seen this Toyota to verify what he's saying, or is he all talk right now?

the toyota would built buy a freind of ours. we where there the night they dyno tuned it and make 470 or so. this guy also works a couple store away from our good freind so we hear all the low down on it. he leaves in 4X4 and then shift in to second and puts it in 2wd. the truck leaves awsome but he weight almost as much as troll and has big 4X4 tires on his truck. he was talking crap about puting c116 and turning up the boost to 35 pounds but he will break just about every thing but the motor if he does that and that would make for a bad race you know. any ways last night a car club meeting some guys wanted troll to race there freinds cowmaro and where bothering him so my brother said call him up see if he wants to go so they did. any ways when he asked him to race the explorer the guy was like no way why would any explorer want to race me. if he wants to race me there must be some thing wrong with this truck to want to pick on cowmaro's. his freinds asked him what do you think it runs that you are so scared of it and he replied back 10's. that stuff made me laft pretty hard. any ways my brother proceded to tell them how fast it was and talk with them for a while. my brother orded new tires for the race but we need new wheel studs because he broke another rear one agian. so no racing this week ok.

What does Troll run? How much HP is he at?

Originally posted by blk mk8
he was talking crap about puting c116 and turning up the boost to 35 pounds but he will break just about every thing but the motor if he does that and that would make for a bad race you know.
Holy crap, 35 pounds of boost, I think the engine will break away from the motor mounts along with everything else:D

I had this in another thread but if you didn't see it: when are you guys going to be back at Morrosso?

I was at the track and saw an integra(94 or 95+ model) that was total race car, not street. It had huge front slicks, plastic windows, interior gutted. amd he was running 33 pounds of boost(33 or 35). He was running low 10s trying to hit 9s. It sounded soo cool when the turbo hisses. The tranny lasts about 6 races and then its gone. And ofcourse my auto teacher(auto feild trip) was like "See now THAT is a real 10 second car, none of this bright yellow fast and the furious bullsh!t" LOL

he has a fully built motor with low compression pistons. the motor can hold but only with race gas. he is running a stock trans and stock tranfercase with a centerforce clutch he has had for a while so i think any more power and thing will not hold up for him. no we have not gone back to maroso it will be a while not until we get the cage and drive shaft loop as well as the new seats and intercooler.

blk mk8 - that sucks, I thought you guys would be back at Morrosso by now, oh well. I'll definitley be there when you guys are back at Morrosso to run the Troll:) .

I don't remember if I talked to you or your brother, but whoever it was I was asking about a dual exhaust system when my 02' 4.6 Mounty is in, and whoever I was speaking to said they would build me one badd-ass mandrel bent system. What size pipes would you recomend on the 4.6 Mounty, I'm going for true duals if two mufflers will fit, don't know b/c I haven't seen under one yet, but I'm leaning towards Magnaflow because I love the exotic burbly sound on Mustangs, and obviously Flowmaster for the aggressive sound on 4.6 Mustangs.

But I also found a company called CGS, do you know anything about them? A lot of show trucks/vehicles use them and their supposed to sound pretty mean.

Good luck working on the truck!

The rest of the story about the race with the camaro was that when the guy tring to set up the race told the camaro owner that he had a Explorer willing to race him he asked what color the explorer was. When he told the guy it was brown the guy said "NO WAY". He said he had seen a brown explorer at the track go ten's. I asked what the camaro had done he he told me he had a built motor with NOS and Blower. Its funny because maybe 500 people were at the track that night when I got banded but everyone I talk to in town says they were at the track that night. My truck has become a myth on the street racing scene in Miami. Now hardly anyone will race me.
By the way I broke another axle stud on sunday. That is like 12 so far. I am now upgrading to hardened studs.

You got it! theres a video in Dead Link Removed of that night.

Re: Why not the track??

Originally posted by 99exEB1
I dont know the story, why can't you go to the track anymore, too fast without a roll cage??
:confused: :confused:
Morrosso Speedway (along w/ basically any track) mandates that you have a roll cage installed if you vehicle runs in the 11's or faster.

Troll/blk mk8 - where are you guys in Miami? I was born in North Miami Beach, but I live in Boca Raton, so I'm guessing I'm only about a half-hour from guys. It must have been your brother I was talking to a few weeks ago, but whenever my 02' Mounty w/ 4.6 V8 comes in, whatever work I want to do to it, your brother said just bring it down there. I'd trust you guys more than any other place to modify a truck especially an Explorer.
Hope you get everything straightened out with your Ex. And once it's ready you can be damn sure I'm following you guys up to Morrosso to watch you burn everyone;) :D

A friend of my moms has a Ruf Porsche Turbo putting out almost 700rwhp (actually it's awd so awdhp?), he had the car sent to AutoThority to rebuild the front axle. Ran twice at Morrosso - 1st run he seriously bogged by accident and only ran a 12.1, but being so close to the 11's the track officials told him to watch it if he runs again, this time he reved to 4000 to make sure the turbos were being spooled and dropped the clutch, ended up running a 10.9, after the run they also banned him, searched his car for a roll cage and he didn't have any. But anywayz, I think that'd be a nice challenge for you, unfortunatley he owns a Commodities and Exchange business and is sometimes here for a few months and then gone for a few ect ect. and we almost never know when he's here.

bring you car down some after noon and we will put in the lift. then we can give you a estiment and tell you how long it will take. we will also be able to see exactly what we can fit underthere and figure out what we are gona do. once that is done with you can bring your truck back a week later or same week and we will do the work all mandrel bent and custome built on the car to your specs. let me know when you want a motor swap we have some good plans for the new 4.6 explorers. a stroker kit would make some real nice torque on your truck. i have seen a couple 911 go 11's , 10's and 9's at maroso they are always cool to watch.

blk mk8 - sweet, thanks a lot bro!:)

Also, I've only heard Magnaflows on Mustangs with x-pipes, so how would they sound on the 4.6 w/o one? I know the sound is more burbly than flowmasters but are the Magnaflows still loud?

Once we get the truck (the dealer is having a hard time trying to find a Mineral Grey 02' 4.6 Mounty) I'm definitley doing the exhaust, intake and headers if any are available or will from a Mustang, but after that I'm thinking of slapping on the new Kenne-Bell twin-screw charger as the guys on stangnet have nothing but good to say about it and I also spoke to KenneBell and they said they were very happy with the way the charger and 4.6 engine work together.

Yeh, some of those Porsches haul ass at the track and they all are driven there and drivin back with no towing non-sense like other cars there:D His Ruf is sick, so much friggen torque, feel like you can't even breath when he guns it and it blurs your vision when the tq comes on, he scarred the **** outta me in that car, didn't know it was that fast:D

Also - just showed your video to a friend who said "no way an Explorer is that fast" I can't even describe the look on his face when he saw the truck run, not to mention the fact that it would obliterate his Viper ACR edition.

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
I also spoke to KenneBell and they said they were very happy with the way the charger and 4.6 engine work together.

I know nothing about the Kenne Bell superchargers, so this is not an attempt to say they're not good, however:

Wouldn't a company always tell you they're happy with how their product came out?

Originally posted by diablo5969
I know nothing about the Kenne Bell superchargers, so this is not an attempt to say they're not good, however:

Wouldn't a company always tell you they're happy with how their product came out?
Thats a good point, but the KenneBell Mountaineer was in Truckin and had an excellant right up, plus I also said the members on the Mustang boards that are using kennebell-twin screw chargers have nothing but good words to say about them, plus the twin-screw chargers are very reliable compared to other chargers as a kid at my college has had a twin-screw on his Tahoe fo 4yrs w/o a problem.

What I really like about twin-screws is you get a root's low- end power and a centrufugal's high-end pull, plus twin-screws hold full-boost over basically the entire rpm range which means almost full torque at any rpm.

It sounds like you sure did your research.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't basing your decision on a company's PR representative, but it looks like you've got it all under control :cool:

Originally posted by diablo5969
It sounds like you sure did your research.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't basing your decision on a company's PR representative, but it looks like you've got it all under control :cool:
Definitley, ever scince I saw the Performance West 02' Mounty in Truckin that was designed along with KenneBell, I want my 02' Mounty to be just like that, except with different rims. That truck looks so smooth and nice.

KenneBell also makes a twin-screw kit for the 5.0, but I think it was james-t that said they don't make one for the Explorer/Mounty, it shoudn't be that hard to get the twin-screw to fit 5.0 Explorers/Mountys, that would be a nice combo. There also testing the twin-screw to work with the sohc V6 but most likely it won't come out, mainly because to get good power with the sohc and a charger you would have to lower the compression with different internals which almost every owner wouldn't do, most want a bolt-on kit.

If the twin-screw is good enough for the SL-55 AMG, it damn good enough for an 02' Mounty.:D

blk mk8 - the only thing I cannot find info on is headers for the 02' 4.6? Do you know if any are available or if headers from a Mustang, like long tubes, would be able to bolt up?

Magnaflow has a dual catback for 02' Explorers/Mountys, but I would much rather buy two Magnaflow mufflers (or maybe the Magnapacks:D ) and have those welded in for true duals.

Have you heard anything about CGS? Their systems are supposed to sound pretty mean and aggressive, just haven't heard what they would sound like on the 4.6 V8.
Heres their site:http://www.cgsmotorsports.com

hmmmm. wonder if an x-pipe would fit, x-pipe plus magnaflows = sweet:cool:

Back