• Register Today It's free!

Biggest 94 Explorer Lift

VolcomMky

Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
Does anybody know how many inches it will go up to?

And possibly where I can purchase some bigger than 5 1/2"

Been googling but it keeps showing nothing over 5 1/2", most dont show past 4"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can also throw a 3 inch body lift on that to get some more height. I have not seen any suspension lift bigger then 5.5" on the market. How much lift are you looking for?

Between 7 and 12, i know 12 is a little extreme and i dont plan on going that route, atleast not til i go threw some of the smaller steps first

Someone used to make an 8" Ranger lift that can be made to work on the front of an Explorer. I think it was skyjacker. I was running a 5.5" suspension + 3" body on mine. The front springs sagged and the current owner has put a 2" spacer on the front.

If you go that big, you're going to need at least tall gears and complete axle rebuilds. At that point, you should just find yourself a set of D44's or D60's and SAS it.

Going that tall and not being able to run the tires you want because of axle strength sucks... trust me.

Here is an 8" ranger lift in the front with 1.5 coil spacers.And spring over in the rear with aal and lift shackels.And a 4" body lift.
susan004.jpg

The steering gets pretty scary with 8" lift on the stock suspension.
With the new tierod kit due to come out from Stonecrusher Steering, it should help make the 8" lift a bit more manageable.

Stock axles are good for 35" tires if you plan to go offroad with it. 37s should be fine for casual use also. Much above that is gonna be useful only for the lightest wheeling however if you don't want stuff to break (appropriate gears for such tires are not available either, 5.13 is the deepest)

Appreciate it guys, I will look into these options and let you know if I have any more questions and/or the finished product

Back