Black Diamond Shaker Hood Upgrade

timbo2001

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Guys,

I went to the website of Pro-Finish/Pro-Glass, who created the Black Diamond X Sport, and the Shaker hood is a functional production piece ( www.profinsh-proglass.com. Terry DeLong is the main guy, and if we email him at terry@profinish-proglass.com, maybe the rear roll pan will become production, as well as other things. These guys just need to know there is a demand for the product, and they will respond.

Dead Link Removed

Thanks,

Tim:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know you guys are fighting to get that induction hood on your 2001's, but does anyone know if they'd make them for older models? Like my 98? ;) I really like that, especially if it's functional....

Spas, your only option is the shaker hood that Troll makes.

cool! shaker hoods for explorers! I thought that was only a dodge thing these days :( ah well, not like I'm obliged to do that anyway, my rides too slow lol

RATS! You 2001 boys get alla fun (Pouting)...

Does anyone know if the shaker hood that Big Nick suggested would work on the SOHC engine? What is its size anyway, since I'm on the subject-is it a 302?

Spas, the one I posted is for Mustangs but I am sure it can be used with some fabrications. The scoop its self looks the same as the one on the X. How dificult it would be to set up is beyond me, but I am sure it can be done.

Originally posted by Hartman

Hartman,
Troll's hood is not a "shaker" hood
"Shaker" is a hood with a clearance hole in it for a scoop.
The scoop is attached to the top of the intake system, carb, efi, supercharger etc...

When the motor is running the scoop "shakes"
Hence the term "shaker"

Have a good one.
Johnny V.:chug:

Whatever, you know what I meant. Don't have to get all technical.

"Shaker" is a hood with a clearance hole in it for a scoop.

We know we know.....we're just too lazy to differentiate between 'shaker', 'hood' and 'add on' ;)

Thanks for the info, Nick! I wonder if putting in a shaker would be worth the $$, seeing as to how it would probably require a helluva lot of work to install or create the necessary parts...Like, how much power could a person gain? If it's not that much, then I think I'll opt for a GT scoop off of a new Mustang and settle for having a fake, if only for looks.

What does this new hood that u guys are talking do for perfomance? What does it actually do?

Those "Tech" quotes were put up for the benefit of those that maybe don't know the difference.
That's why we have this forum.
I would bet a 12 pack that someone from this forum read it and thought,"I allways wondered why they called them that".

GO E-Z

Johnny V.

all i gotta say is that is one tight sport on that site in the first post....DAMN!

Originally posted by Johnny V
Those "Tech" quotes were put up for the benefit of those that maybe don't know the difference.
That's why we have this forum.
I would bet a 12 pack that someone from this forum read it and thought,"I allways wondered why they called them that".

GO E-Z

Johnny V.

hehe.... you win a 12 pack then becuase of me.... :) but i cant get you one... i am not even 20 for 2 weeks

Ha!
Thanks for proving the point I was trying to make!

Johnny V.:D

anyone know if either of those ranger hoods would fit a 95-01 4 door?

i will measure the hoods tommorow... my mom has a 96 X and my dad has a 98 ranger.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bet a shaker hood could be fabbed up and not that difficult. i pick up my 91 in 2 weeks, once I have it in front of me I will look into it. I had the plans drawn up for my 86 GT so it cant be that much harder.

Back