Blend door actuator

SoNic67

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 V8 (Eddie Bauer) AWD
My blender door actuator broke. A few teeth on one of the internal plastic gears where missing in action.
I turn to Dorman parts (Advance Auto) and I found out (by buying and returning) following:
604-201 - is the one for Automatic A/C control that mounts with push-pins, mount plate and screws.
604-202 - is the one for Automatic A/C control that mounts only with screws.
604-204 - is the one for Manual A/C control that mounts only with screws.

My type was 604-202. But I have an issue. Either with the original Ford, or the new one, the electric motor is not moving anymore.

The codes that I get after testing the ETAC are 024 and 025. Meaning???
What is the fuse for the blend door?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

additional question

Sorry I don't know the answer, but I would like to ask is there anything to do to prevent the gears to break or teeth to break off? Maybe lubing up some point of tension? Mine is really creaky when operating and from what Ive read, Im worried it may go soon.

Thanks,
Joe

They have plenty of lube. It's just the age I guess (10 years old on mine).

When I tried the Dorman part with my ETAC it did not operate. Had to get the motorcraft from Ford. Was told by parts desk was a known issue that the EATC often would not recognize the Dorman unit. From the outside and inside looked exactly the same from what I could tell. Must be some slight electrical difference. Cost an extra $15.

Thanks. Ford dealer next to me does not have it anymore, Rockauto either... Amazon and eBay is full of Dorman ones.
I guess I have to try harder...

Back