Blown M5OD!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blown M5OD!!

Counting sheep in the wee hours and found this on the web last night. Anyone have experience or feedback with this company?

http://www.smartpartsauto.com/manual_transmission_m5r1_mazda.html
Thats honestly not a bad price for a new/rebuilt m5..shipping it and the core back would be the killer..

Now i have done tons of research on the m5 and found noone makes any HD aftermarket parts..whats in the M5HD outa the new trucks is about the best parts your find..i always add 1 qt of straight 30wt motor oil in with the ATF it calls for..think it slightly thickens the fluid up some but not enough where it wont sling everywhere it needs to..

I assume this is 4x4?

I also highly suggest ford slave and luk clutch..no need for anything else honestly and if needed then id go with a SPEC clutch...i went with one of those cheap ebay stage 3 last time just because it was cheap as hell and i knew i would be taking it back out..it chatters and doesnt hold anymore than the luk i replaced..

Just a fyi if 2wd the 2006 T5 outa the 4.0 sohc mustang will bolt up with some minor mods..50x better of a trans

JD...yeah, 4x4! I thought it was a great price considering what is offered compared to the used best tranny's found from wrecked trucks. Ive decided to skip the E-bay clutches. After talking to the fellas at Phoenix Friction, Im going to get theirs instead of LUK.

Thanks Nate, I checked that link out. Sounds pretty good. Ive yet to call them, works been busy this week and my youngest sons birthday is this week too. Shipping costs are the biggest issue for me. Used tranny's from Washington state are going for $400 in shipping...ouch!!

Back