body lift and shackles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

body lift and shackles

DRAGON

Reaction score
sorry i tried the search but i didnt do to well i need to know where to get the body lift and the shackles and any other ways to lift my explorer relatively (cheap)and easy i need to know quickly because thats where my tax return is going and i dont want to waste it i need the 2" body lift (unless the 3" inch will work without lots of fab) for my 97 ex 4door v6 and could you tell me where the how tos are to thanx ryan

Ryan....I'd like to start off by welcoming you to the site. You'll find anything and everything all right here.

As for the shackles....
www.4wheelparts.com
www.desertrat.com

Both can order them, but neither have them listed on their site. Give them a call....they can get them

As for the body lift. Sorry Man...custom job no matter how hight you go. There is no body lift right out of the box for the 95+ explorers. An early Explorer lift would work, but the bumper mounts would needed to be changed up. Give "GJarrett" page a look.....he's got info on how it can be done.

"Give "GJarrett" page a look.....he's got info on how it can be done." - leebo

Ryan, here is what Lee was telling you: click on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line. It will take you to my registry entry. Page down to my second post which is an article on several of the mods I have have dealt with. You'll find all the info you need in that article.
Hope that helps!

Back