• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift Help!!

Justawajz

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Mountaineer
So I started putting my body lift on my 99 mountaineer today and ran into a few problems.. Just wondering if anyone had any issues putting the pa883 kit on. First off the directions aren't really clear on how your supposed to drop the radiator and wait brackets to use. And also I cant seem to get enough of a gap between the body and the frame while jacking it up. The body lifts off a bit.. but not enough to get the blocks in.. the whole truck, axel and all will lift after a certain point.. And no matter how high I go after that the gap between the body and frame stays the same. I'm doing one side at a time.. I have all the body bolts loosened almost all the way on the side i'm lifting.. From what I was told your not supposed to take them out.. But yeah.. I'm gonna try to tackle this again tomorrow so any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The side that you are lifting should be completly unbolted, while the other side is loosened.

I unbolted my radiator and lifted it and removed the rubber pads that it sits on, but not sure if it was needed do to the fact that I put them back in after it was all said and done with.

I am not positive on this do to I only did the PA 792 2" BL and you are doing the 3" but I don't believe that you have to drop the radiator, but you Do have to drop the fan shroud. I found that out the hard way because after I got it all bolted down I mounted the new wheels/tires and I was just excited and forgot to drop the shroud causing the fan to rub on the shroud making my X overheat.

...And also I cant seem to get enough of a gap between the body and the frame while jacking it up. The body lifts off a bit.. but not enough to get the blocks in.. the whole truck, axel and all will lift after a certain point.. And no matter how high I go after that the gap between the body and frame stays the same. I'm doing one side at a time.. I have all the body bolts loosened almost all the way on the side i'm lifting.. From what I was told your not supposed to take them out.. But yeah.. I'm gonna try to tackle this again tomorrow so any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem.. I had to evenly lift the body off the frame in 2 areas otherwise the body would hang up :confused: and begin to lift the frame with the body.. I used 2 jacks, one for the rear and one near the front door. After making contact with the body I would only pump each jack once and then the other. If I tried to jack one too much before the binding would occur..

The DayStar Body mount thread has some good info/pics. This thread is for replacing the actually mounts with new bushings.

Well i got my body lift on.. i know the rear bumper brackets are worthless.. but the front ones weren't fitting right.. seemed like they were gettin caught up on my foglights..

I had the same problem.. I had to evenly lift the body off the frame in 2 areas otherwise the body would hang up :confused: and begin to lift the frame with the body.. I used 2 jacks, one for the rear and one near the front door. After making contact with the body I would only pump each jack once and then the other. If I tried to jack one too much before the binding would occur..

The DayStar Body mount thread has some good info/pics. This thread is for replacing the actually mounts with new bushings.

Templates for new bumper brackets.

Rear:
rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg

Front:
front_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg

On the 883 kit with my 98, can I go without dropping the radiator? I keep seeing it mentioned here n there, and a lot on the ranger forum. Something about turning the shroud upside down? Or removing it completely? What's the deal with my 98 V8?

Back